Confirmed with Link: Weekesbomb: Palat to NJ for five-year deal

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Definitely wasn’t a panic move. Was just Fitz overvaluing and chasing grit and experience and championship pedigree. Anything at $5m or more per year is going to be ugly.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
What is the AAV? Has that been confirmed yet?

I see people seemingly reacting to numbers, but haven't seen any of the posts in question because the fake tweets keep getting deleted. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What is the AAV? Has that been confirmed yet?

I see people seemingly reacting to numbers, but haven't seen any of the posts in question because the fake tweets keep getting deleted. :laugh:
I'd be fine with 5.5 or under but I'm expecting over at this point cause that's what's guaranteed to set this place off. Hell I don't think people would even love anything over 5 but people are too scared of the cap at times.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
If this was a 3 year deal all the naysaying wouldn't be here so let's enjoy 3 years then start griping because 5M in 4 years is gonna be like 3.5M now and a buyout will be not bad at all if he falls apart.

Even on a 3 year deal, he would probably be rough in the 3rd year. The two extra years tacked on are painful. Could easily see him being our next Johnsson as early as this year.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
“We need to get bigger and add leadership and winning veterans to this team”

*Fitz goes out and gets that player*

“NO NOT THIS ONE”

Nobody said winning veterans. Bigger sure, but that’s not really Palat so it doesn’t even do that. You could go get any number of veterans at much cheaper prices to fill the experience role (as we did with Boyle and Simmonds).

Reactions: hidek91

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Nobody said winning veterans. Bigger sure, but that’s not really Palat so it doesn’t even do that. You could go get any number of veterans at much cheaper prices to fill the experience role (as we did with Boyle and Simmonds).

At 35/36 years old? He’s not Jagr.

Why not?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I’ve DEFINITELY seen people around here saying this team lacks leadership and is basically just a bunch of kids doing what they want.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Folks have every right to stroke out if it's rough term AND over $5.5.

I'm guessing 5 years at $4.75. What can I say, I'm an optimist...

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Wasn't Palat someone everyone on this board wanted earlier today? Now we have him and everyone's bitching because it's one extra year than you're all comfortable with?

Who cares
I specifically said I didn’t want Palat, even more so after we missed out on Gaudreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad