Pre-Game Talk: Week of the sky falling (Ari, Wpg, Bos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I been doing it all wrong. I havnt done enough to help Mikko Rantanen get his first goal. So, im going to give away a Mikko Rantanen rookie card to someone in the GDT of the game in which he scores his first NHL goal. Must have atleast 10 posts in said GDT to qualify and must not live in North Korea.

2015-16-Upper-Deck-206-Mikko-Rantanen-Rookie.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I been doing it all wrong. I havnt done enough to help Mikko Rantanen get his first goal. So, im going to give away a Mikko Rantanen rookie card to someone in the GDT of the game in which he scores his first NHL goal. Must have atleast 10 posts in said GDT to qualify and must not live in North Korea.

Grim news to my cousin Ling.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

2015-16-Upper-Deck-206-Mikko-Rantanen-Rookie.jpg

Deal breaker for me

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I've been trying to chase down one of his autos from the Upper Deck Ice set, got outbid a couple times on eBay lol but his rookie cards are surprisingly inexpensive. Some guy even sent me a free Parkhurst one or something.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
All the calendar stores have popped up in the malls. I love to look at the Avs ones to see how outdated they are. But I noticed something else. Mack never seems to be in them. Does it cost too much to use his image or something. Anyone else notice this?

Nice contest, King. Might as well send to me since I'll be the only one posting in them whenever it happens. You should send it to the GDT maker ;) Speaking of, dates still open in November. Act now, if you sign up in the next 10 minutes you can even get 2 for 1!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Will you look at that, our own Mikko Rantanen (captain of the WJC champs) got an invitation to the president's independence day soiree in December. Too bad he has to rot in this dumpster fire instead.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Colborne should be the one up there, but he is obviously in the doghouse.

Agreed, but he doesn't keep his feet moving enough and Rourque has been the last two games. If Colborne would match the effort, I would hope he'd be there. Bednar doesn't seem fond of him for whatever reason.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Bednar will prefer the players that work hard in practice. Almost all coaches do, but Colborne on the 4th is glaring. Given decent minutes he is at least a 25-30 point player. Given top 6 minutes, he should put up 35+ and not be a total liability in any area.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
How does he score a hattrick on opening night only to barely even get a scoring chance since then? What happened? Didn't he get demoted instantly, and thus has been a passenger since?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Colborne just had a great night and was on the PP. He has been on the 3rd/4th pretty much all season.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Colborne just had a great night and was on the PP. He has been on the 3rd/4th pretty much all season.

You have to admit, he likely thought he'd get a chance at playing with top six players when signing here. As you have said, hes been in the bottom half of the roster since training camp.

Maybe he didn't impress there, but he should still be given a shot a bit higher in the lineup IMO.

Yeah he should keep his nose to the grind stone, but that is easier said than done sometimes.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nope. But I can comprehend that shooting % will turn around. I know we won't get sub .900 goaltending forever but there's a performance element in that as well.

Hopefully a big part of it is bad luck, but I haven't really felt like that is a majority of the issue personally. I'm sure it plays a part though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was feeling optimistic prior to the Coyotes game. Not sure what to feel anymore. I still think they get it turned around but that was just a terrible performance.

Switching out Iginla for Bourque doesn't do much to solve that problem. Still a big time liability on that line. That third line is also going to be brutal.

Pickard again or are they going back to Varly?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was feeling optimistic prior to the Coyotes game. Not sure what to feel anymore. I still think they get it turned around but that was just a terrible performance.

Switching out Iginla for Bourque doesn't do much to solve that problem. Still a big time liability on that line. That third line is also going to be brutal.

Pickard again or are they going back to Varly?

Iggy out of the top 6 is a big step IMO. Maybe Rene isn't a large upgrade but it's something to recognize that he can't stay up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad