Pre-Game Talk: Week of Sorrow (@NSH, @DAL, ANH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel a massacre coming tonight since Nashville has lost 4 in a row by a score of 5-1, then a miracle win in Dallas while giving up 53 shots winning 3-1, and then getting destroyed at home in the final game by the Ducks 7-1.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great news about Zadorov. That's a very quick and surprising recovery from a concussion. Finally some good news around here.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not predicting a win in any of these games, that whole play better against better teams thing has even gone by the way side.

The only thing they've given us to expect is a fragile and inconsistent 60 minutes of hockey each game.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The chances of us losing the next 2 or 3 and finishing 10th last are higher than the chances of us winning the next 3 and Minny losing them therefore....

TANK TANK TANK!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Z says the hit was clean.

“It was a clean hit, that’s why I recovered so fast,” Zadorov said after the morning skate. “It wasn’t the head or anything. It happened. I’ve been hitting all my life and now it’s probably time for me to get hit from someone. But it’s more like instincts that didn’t work for me that time.

“Usually I know where all five guys are on the ice. I saw (T.J.) Oshie went and changed.I saw the replay and saw Wilson jump on the ice and right away came behind the net. I thought he was on the hashmark so I still would have time to make a play. That’s why I wasn’t worried about getting hit that time. Next time, I’m going to be more aware about that.”

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Z says the hit was clean.

Wilson definitely left his feet and launched himself into it. I'm not his biggest fan because I think he is too reckless at times (though he will likely calm down and be more controlled with age). Good on Z for being a good sport and moving on from it. He seems to be a lot more grounded and humble than Sabres' fans were claiming he was.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Live by the sword. Zadorov will deliver more big hits than he'll take in his career.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Game on if we win and Minnesota lose tonight? If we get a win in Dallas as well then it'll come down to the last game of the season.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Extremely happy Z is ok. I'm still tremendously confused why people were calling it a dirty hit to begin with but it was a hard hit nonetheless and could have ended much worse.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Extremely happy Z is ok. I'm still tremendously confused why people were calling it a dirty hit to begin with but it was a hard hit nonetheless and could have ended much worse.

I personally don't think the hit was dirty. Not sure about the intent, but you can't penalize intent if the hit was clean.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm just happy Zadorov is back before the end of the year, because we might never have found out how he was recovering if it lingered into the summer. I hope he gets a call for the World Championships.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado

head primary point.. just based on the way nhl has been looking at these all year ..

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
head primary point.. just based on the way nhl has been looking at these all year ..

If the head was the primary point it would have been the first point of contact 6'4 Tom Wilson made when he hammered Zads who was crouched to about 2/3'ds of his actual height. For as much of a dirt bag Wilson is I'm actually really impressed by how clean he made the hit on Zadorov in such a vulnerable position. Unless he hip checked him he honestly couldn't hit him any cleaner than he did at that speed and angle unless he didn't hit him at all which would have been a very soft play and probably would have lead to him being benched by Trotz.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The hit was about as good of a clean hockey hit as you can get. It was an unfortunate result, but it was clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad