Pre-Game Talk: Week of Make a F***ing Save, Damnit! vs NYI (Mon 7PM); vs BOS (Wed 7:30PM); vs ANA (Fri 7PM); @ SJ (Sun 6PM)

How many goaltenders will play for the Avs this week?

Votes: 6 10.9%

Votes: 4 7.3%

Votes: 25 45.5%

Votes: 5 9.1%

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We all know at some point he will get fired. It's inevitable for any coach in a pro league. I'm just not anywhere near that right now, certainly not when the goaltending is complete and utter shit and there's an entire scoring line and half a top pairing missing from the lineup.

I bet they keep him even while deciding to rebuild. Whenever that is..

I'll complain about Bednar, but after some of the coaches we've seen. I'm way to afraid of the unknown to actually hope he's fired.

I'd be down if Tampa and Colorado just swapped coaches every 5 years or so.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I bet they keep him even while deciding to rebuild. Whenever that is..

I'll complain about Bednar, but after some of the coaches we've seen. I'm way to afraid of the unknown to actually hope he's fired.

I'd be down if Tampa and Colorado just swapped coaches every 5 years or so.
Naw, he'll be gone before they decide to pull the plug. They'll do everything possible to keep the window open, including a hearty swing of the axe. It's only after all that doesn't work will they finally start over.

I have my issues with Bednar but I guarantee most other coaches have much more maddening tendencies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Naw, he'll be gone before they decide to pull the plug. They'll do everything possible to keep the window open, including a hearty swing of the axe. It's only after all that doesn't work will they finally start over.

I have my issues with Bednar but I guarantee most other coaches have much more maddening tendencies.

Definitely

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Annunen gets lit up pretty consistently in practice. I just don't think he's very good.
It bothers me how management and coaching are just not on the same page. It's the same situation as with Alex Newhook. Coaches knew damn well he wasn't anything close to a 2C and yet management still pushed it on them.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I don't get it. Even if Georgiev was playing GOOD, you'd think you'd want to get your backup into a game within the first 5.
They're desperate for him to get a win and make his feefee's feel better, so another start against a bad team makes sense. Just wait until he loses again and starts against SJ too

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm just wondering how long it goes before CMac and Bednar realize that Georgiev is actually broken for good. He's not going to be getting .900 with consistency anytime soon.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It bothers me how management and coaching are just not on the same page. It's the same situation as with Alex Newhook. Coaches knew damn well he wasn't anything close to a 2C and yet management still pushed it on them.

You know what? Maybe Bednar could get fired. I wonder if Joe would step in or not.

There are times I don't think Cmac and Bednar are on the same page. I know Sakic kept a strong dialog with Bednar, he talked about it enough. Maybe Cmac hasn't done the same, it would make some things make more sense.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You know what? Maybe Bednar could get fired. I wonder if Joe would step in or not.

There are times I don't think Cmac and Bednar are on the same page. I know Sakic kept a strong dialog with Bednar, he talked about it enough. Maybe Cmac hasn't done the same, it would make some things make more sense.
Oh I think they talk plenty. It would explain the clear shift away from fast, skilled high IQ bottom sixers to low skill, crash and bang bottom sixers slowly over the years. Bednar inherited the former, and has seemingly desired the latter.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh I think they talk plenty. It would explain the clear shift away from fast, skilled high IQ bottom sixers to low skill, crash and bang bottom sixers slowly over the years. Bednar inherited the former, and has seemingly desired the latter.

Sometimes they do, but other times they definitely don't seem to lol.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I honestly think this is the best team we’ve had since the cup team once we get everyone healthy. Can’t believe we’re going to waste it because Bednar has a crush on Fourgiev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad