Pre-Game Talk: Week of Make a F***ing Save, Damnit! vs NYI (Mon 7PM); vs BOS (Wed 7:30PM); vs ANA (Fri 7PM); @ SJ (Sun 6PM)

How many goaltenders will play for the Avs this week?

Votes: 6 10.9%

Votes: 4 7.3%

Votes: 25 45.5%

Votes: 5 9.1%

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Please tell me Fourgiev isn't starting tonight. Although 0-5 would be pretty funny.
NHL network showed the stats of teams going winless to start the season. I forgot what was the percentage but there is 20 or 40% chance of making the playoffs if you go 0-4 but no team has ever made the playoffs going 0-5.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
So Georgie Porgie is starting again? For the life of me I don't understand. Even if he was playing lights out, resting him every 5th game would be a good thing to do. But to keep trotting him out there when he is a total dumpster fire is just baffling.

Reactions: Alienblood

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I'm probably one of the biggest Bednar supporters on this board but maybe it's time to move on. Not only is George playing like crap but he's running him into the ground again on top of that. Lose-lose.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Starting Georgiev is a truly damning reflection on how the team views Annunen. George at the moment is our best hope, he was better last game than the first three. Hopefully he trends upwards and can work his way out of the funk.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At this rate if Annunen starts next game he's only on track to play 17 games while Georgiev is on track to play 65.

Only 19 times has a goalie since 12-13 played 65 or more games, 11 goalies overall with some doing it more than once.

Asinine. Truly unexplainable how much Bednar keeps throwing the guy back out.

Reactions: Hinterland

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So he's going to magically be better simply because they name him the starter despite the fact that he is an objectively worse goalie in almost every facet!?

He very well could be worse and I don't have high hopes but how about actually giving him a shot rather than him coming in cold when they're losing and the team is already demoralized due to Georgiev being a disaster.

Reactions: HockeyFan100

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He very well could be worse and I don't have high hopes but how about actually give him a shot rather than him coming in cold when they're losing and the team is already demoralized due to Georgiev being a disaster.
A backup has to at least make a routine save, cold or not, which is something Annunen is BARELY doing. The defense did not collapse once he was in, even demoralized they still played well enough to keep the game close.

I agree there is a point where they'll simply have to try someone else if Georgiev doesn't figure it the f*** out but that time is not now, certainly not with Annunen the way he's playing.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
He's literally been worse, especially when you consider that he's been in for far less time.
He literally has not. Has he been good? No. Is he better than the worst goalie in the league? Yes.
1729278198202.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad