Pre-Game Talk: Week of...... I got nothing clever. Vs.OTT (Sunday @7:00PM) Vs.CHI (Monday @7:00PM) Vs.TB (Wednesday @7:00PM) @NSH (Saturday @6:00PM)

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Should be a fun week of hockey. The back to backs always suck, but at least it's not against two power houses.

The Sens game should be a good challenge. They've been decent this year, and with all that young talent should breakout soon. Is it this year? Let's find out!

Blackhawks on the B2B is a little more should win, but you never know when it's a rested team vs one that played the night before.

Tampa games are always fun. Brings up nostalgia of the 22 cup win. Kutch will probably get 3 points on us. That man always seems to light us up.

Nashville is a tire fire right now. Only one win this season, so far. I don't want to help right their ship, so we better not lose damnit.

OTT: October 27th 7:00PM MNT

CHI: October 28th 7:00PM MNT

TB: October 30th 7:00PM MNT

NSH: November 2nd 6:00PM MNT

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The f***, this week is still going on? There's a game on Sunday?

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

As long as @sethro109 is making these weekly threads, the week will begin on a Sunday. :D

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We might get both of Lehkonen and Drouin back this week. Could be huge boosts.

I’d expect Georgiev gets one of Ottawa/Chicago, with the Hawks being most likely on the second night of a B2B. I’d love to see Kahkonen instead, though.
We should just waive Georgiev and go with Annunen/Kahkonen until we find a new starter. No matter how good Annunen has been, I don’t think Avs are looking at him being the full time starter right now

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
It makes little sense to give KK a conditioning stint if they didn't want him to play Chicago on the B2B and be as ready as possible for it

This Organization has made some insanely questionable decisions when it comes to their goalies, so who knows, we'll probably have to suffer through another one of 4giev's porous performances

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
do not play Georgiev.

dont. just DONT.

we will enter a 15 game losing streak if he starts again. you hear me, Bednar?

With the back to back tomorrow and Monday, I expect Georgiev will get one of those games. If he shits the bed again, my guess is “our guy” doesn’t see a game for a long while and they will continue with Juice as the starter and get Kahkonen a game or two

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What trade can we do with them that will change that course? The last big trade we had with them they immediately sunk into the mud pits while we began our rise.
We'd probably have to find a way to tare away Tkachuk from their cold dead hands, if we wanted to set them back again. And outside of our untouchables, we just don't have the assets to do that.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
What I actually hope.

Justus starts against Ottawa and we win dominantly.
Georgiev starts against Chicago, shits the bed and we lose.

We never see G5 again.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Parkkila actually responded to a Finnish interview. The only real tidbits out of it IMO are that Bednar has full control on who plays, and he makes those decisions himself. Sometimes they disagree with Parkkila, but they go with what Bednar says. And also that there is basically not a specific plan right now on how they will deal with goaltending (ie. with Kähkönen and whatnot). They are taking it almost game by game right now.

Run it through Google translate if you want, but do realize that translating from Finnish to English is... interesting to say the least.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Parkkila actually responded to a Finnish interview. The only real tidbits out of it IMO are that Bednar has full control on who plays, and he makes those decisions himself. Sometimes they disagree with Parkkila, but they go with what Bednar says. And also that there is basically not a specific plan right now on how they will deal with goaltending (ie. with Kähkönen and whatnot). They are taking it almost game by game right now.

Run it through Google translate if you want, but do realize that translating from Finnish to English is... interesting to say the least.
Seemed somewhat frustrated with decisions, as in Bednar ultimately calls all the shots.

Pretty clear reading that Annunen starts next game, G5 the backtoback.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What do you guys think about Avs changing their name to Colorado Nextmanups? The logo can be a hockey player wrapped in bandages. All white jerseys. Shoulder crest logo can be an ambulance

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad