Pre-Game Talk: Week of Drop the F'n Puck: @VGK(Wed 8PM), vCBJ(Sat 7PM)

How many points this week?

Results are only viewable after voting.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I already did custom French bread pizza with costco meatballs last night. It's Mahi for dinner tonight. The liquor will have to console me. Especially if Bednar tries to boost Georgiev's confidence again. Which is likely.

And.. yep lol
That sounds good….

The French bread pizza, not Bednar trying to boost Georgiev’s confidence. I would just start Annunen

Reactions: CobraAcesS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not a huge surprise. Annunen didn't really make a case for himself either. Korpisalo isn't even in the country yet (immigration), and even if he was they would not throw him into the deep end straight away. Besides, it's so early in the season, even Georgiev deserves a bounce back chance (yeah yeah, we've seen enough during the last two years but still)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That sounds good….

The French bread pizza, not Bednar trying to boost Georgiev’s confidence. I would just start Annunen

It was actually, deli French rolls sliced in half made into pizza and baked. Costco has these frozen meatballs that have a little kick, and they're damn good.

You just get canned veggies for whatever you like, a bag of mozzarella, and a jar of marinara. It's cheaper than pizza and feeds just as many people.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It was actually, deli French rolls sliced in half made into pizza and baked. Costco has these frozen meatballs that have a little kick, and they're damn good.

You just get canned veggies for whatever you like, a bag of mozzarella, and a jar of marinara. It's cheaper than pizza and feeds just as many people.
I often get the pizza from Costco food court. It’s a huge pizza only 15 bucks and it’s actually pretty good

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I often get the pizza from Costco food court. It’s a huge pizza only 15 bucks and it’s actually pretty good

I've never tried that, but we have a European market here that does the same thing. It's actually hilarious how cheap it is compared to any other regular pizza chain. It just needs a little ranch seasoning.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I've never tried that, but we have a European market here that does the same thing. It's actually hilarious how cheap it is compared to any other regular pizza chain. It just needs a little ranch seasoning.
Yup, if I order a same size pizza from another place, it will cost at least 30 bucks. The pizza is actually $9.95, it’s not even 15 bucks. I usually get like few hotdogs which is $1.50 comes with a drink, so I pay total of 15 bucks for all that food. Amazing how cheap it is and it’s pretty good. It’s not like it’s cheap and bad.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yup, if I order a same size pizza from another place, it will cost at least 30 bucks. The pizza is actually $9.95, it’s not even 15 bucks. I usually get like few hotdogs which is $1.50 comes with a drink, so I pay total of 15 bucks for all that food. Amazing how cheap it is and it’s pretty good. It’s not like it’s cheap and bad.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the hot dogs lol. It's impressive Costco has kept that throughout inflation. With the price of everything else you'd think they have to be losing money.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, I'm familiar with the hot dogs lol. It's impressive Costco has kept that throughout inflation. With the price of everything else you'd think they have to be losing money.
Costco is a huge company, and all their stores are packed all the time. I’m sure they do just fine and can afford to have that cheap food at their food courts

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Costco is a huge company, and all their stores are packed all the time. I’m sure they do just fine and can afford to have that cheap food at their food courts

Yeah I think that's why they do it. I think it's the same for the European market to drive traffic. If you go buy pizza you are probably going to buy a bunch of beer etc.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah I think that's why they do it. I think it's the same for the European market to drive traffic. If you go buy pizza you are probably going to buy a bunch of beer etc.
You should see the huge lines for Costco gas out here. It cheaper per gallon I’m not even sure how much cheaper it is, but the lines are ridiculous. Luckily I don’t have to worry about that since both me and my wife drive electric cars.

• Haha

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Justus did nothing to stop them from going back to George so new that was coming, this could be a TSN turning point in his career, lets see how it plays out Bob.

12-5 Cbus, 5 goals for Mikko, all unassisted.

SOG: Avs 38 - Cbus 9

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You should see the huge lines for Costco gas out here. It cheaper per gallon I’m not even sure how much cheaper it is, but the lines are ridiculous. Luckily I don’t have to worry about that since both me and my wife drive electric cars.

Oh, they're out the parking lot and down Gratiot avenue in Detroit. It's the biggest reason I don't go more often lol.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oh, they're out the parking lot and down Gratiot avenue in Detroit. It's the biggest reason I don't go more often lol.
LOL yeah. I don’t know how much cheaper Costco gas is, but I would never wait in those lines even when i had a gas vehicle. I just don’t have that kind of patience

• Haha

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Predictions for Georgie tonight?

I’m going with 4 goals on 19 shots.

I think he’s going to bounce back and have a strong performance.

I usually avoid predictions because the universe seems to make me wrong usually with that and Gambling/Sports betting.

However..

4 goals on 9 shots, pulled after the 1st

And three of those are from rookies or 4th liners.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
LOL yeah. I don’t know how much cheaper Costco gas is, but I would never wait in those lines even when i had a gas vehicle. I just don’t have that kind of patience

It's so bad getting into Costco is extremely difficult. Makes you wonder how much gas people are wasting just sitting in line. That's about the only time I'd want a vehicle that automatically shuts off at stops.

I daily drive a 2007 Corvette base though, and get 30mph on the highway. So I've taken a whole different strategy to commuting lol. I need escapability with all of the people going 90 in their F150s while playing on their phones here.

Detroit might as well be a daily dose of that movie Death Race.

• Haha

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's so bad getting into Costco is extremely difficult. Makes you wonder how much gas people are wasting just sitting in line. That's about the only time I'd want a vehicle that automatically shuts off at stops.

I daily drive a 2007 Corvette base though, and get 30mph on the highway. So I've taken a whole different strategy to commuting lol. I need escapability with all of the people going 90 in their F150s while playing on their phones here.

Detroit might as well be a daily dose of that movie Death Race.
30 mpg for a Corvette isn’t bad. It’s like 16 city 24 highway for the new ones but if you drive it slowly you can get that to 30 mpg on the highway I guess, although I think I’d have difficulty driving slowly in the Corvette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad