Pre-Game Talk: Week in the Holy Timezone (@PIT, @WAS, @TB, @FLA)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Season kicks off for real before another extended break. But hey, for now 4 games in 6 days including a b2b. Will we see Mikko or not until they return home? Any exciting lineup changes or will it stay the same?

This seems like a good time to prognosticate points, so make your picks.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I hope Rantanen is back up at some point this week but I doubt it unless an injury forces their hand.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Really tough road trip to start, yikes. Not sure what to vote yet.
Throwing it back, I see.

Sounds like the defensive pairings were back to what they were to start the game at practice, so it's reasonable to expect that the coaching staff will limit Z late in games until he earns their full trust.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I think even if we win one of the next four then that combined with yesterdays win gives us a better start than last season right where we won one of five?

Anyways, more interested in seeing how the team starts each game (yesterday they were a bit flat) and if the old habit of sitting back creeps in (it did for a bit at the start of the 3rd yesterday) or if they keep playing well with a lead.

Also, the schedule is ridiculous, 4 games in 6 days and then like 4 without a game again.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Throwing it back, I see.

Sounds like the defensive pairings were back to what they were to start the game at practice, so it's reasonable to expect that the coaching staff will limit Z late in games until he earns their full trust.

That just gives me bad flashbacks. It has contributed to us getting badly outplayed in 3rd periods in the past. Hopefully this goes differently.

The Stars were coming on strong and it's hard to judge based on just one period but it seemed like Tyutin-EJ spent a lot more time in the defensive zone than Zadorov-EJ did.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Hoping Rantanen will play at some point, as I'm free this week and could catch some games. For some reason, I'm almost more excited about his season than Laine/Pulju etc.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs get four points out of these games, they did well.

I usually like early road trips. Even more so with a new coach. No distractions and they get to figure out how the coach wants things.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I think even if we win one of the next four then that combined with yesterdays win gives us a better start than last season right where we won one of five?

Anyways, more interested in seeing how the team starts each game (yesterday they were a bit flat) and if the old habit of sitting back creeps in (it did for a bit at the start of the 3rd yesterday) or if they keep playing well with a lead.

Also, the schedule is ridiculous, 4 games in 6 days and then like 4 without a game again.

I like that we've had/are having a few breaks early on. It gives us a chance to get the system down, see some video and what's working and what isn't.

And 5 points

W
W
L
OTL

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Pitt is actually looking like a winnable game with no Crosby on the ice. Still tough, but winnable. I'm hoping for 5 points, but if we get less than that I'm not going to lose my mind. It's a staggeringly brutal road trip schedule to start the season with the new systems still taking hold and a questionable bottom six.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
PIT: OTL
WSH: Win
TBL: Loss
FLA: Classic avs lose Corsi by a mile and win as old habits die hard.

2-1-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad