NFL GDT: Week 8: Russell’s New Recipe

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I think it was just their stupid owner forcing the regime to start him. I find it hard to believe that any sane football mind wouldn't bench him.

Yes . This.
This owner has seen plenty of ass QBs in the past and even an 0-16 season. Why would he be specially loyal to Watson? Sure, he spent a lot of money for him, but at some point, some degree of business sense has to kick and recognize a lemon.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Not everything is enforced via statutes. Businesses, organizations, and government can dispense with conduct internally. Just like I'm on here or any other forum, I subject myself to the justice of the mods along with their respective codes of conduct.

The internal rules are also equivalent to laws. They are contracts. The organizations may have skeletons that are not directly related to Watson at all, but they can pull strings to achieve unfavorable outcomes. The refs can make calls to punish teams with unfavorable outcomes, which is likely what cost the Saints a playoff run with a ridiculous PI call; that might have been a penalty for Bountygate.

Lawfare is another, which is probably what happened with Brian Flores. Ain't now way even a team of lawyer with a huge ass caseload can drop a complaint in 7 days.

Playing Deshuan Watson wasn't just unreasonable, it was so ridiculously unreasonable(doing worse than Jamarcus Russell on a metric) that the common explanation of stupidity or incompetence is not sufficient.
That’s a lot of words to not explain why the NFL would care enough to sue a team for not continuing to start an incompetent quarterback

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Not everything is enforced via statutes. Businesses, organizations, and government can dispense with conduct internally. Just like I'm on here or any other forum, I subject myself to the justice of the mods along with their respective codes of conduct.

The internal rules are also equivalent to laws. They are contracts. The organizations may have skeletons that are not directly related to Watson at all, but they can pull strings to achieve unfavorable outcomes. The refs can make calls to punish teams with unfavorable outcomes, which is likely what cost the Saints a playoff run with a ridiculous PI call; that might have been a penalty for Bountygate.

Lawfare is another, which is probably what happened with Brian Flores. Ain't now way even a team of lawyer with a huge ass caseload can drop a complaint in 7 days.

Playing Deshuan Watson wasn't just unreasonable, it was so ridiculously unreasonable(doing worse than Jamarcus Russell on a metric) that the common explanation of stupidity or incompetence is not sufficient.
When stupidity or incompetence doesn’t sufficiently explain, just follow the money. $230M fully guaranteed.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
This owner has seen plenty of ass QBs in the past and even an 0-16 season. Why would he be specially loyal to Watson? Sure, he spent a lot of money for him, but at some point, some degree of business sense has to kick and recognize a lemon.
I find it curious that you find it easier to believe there’s a conspiracy that originates at the NFL HQ which demanded the Browns play Watson when they in fact wanted to play Winston, as opposed to the idea that when billionaires spend hundreds of millions of dollars on an asset they are sometimes reluctant to admit they made a mistake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad