NFL GDT: Week 8: Russell’s New Recipe

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I mean, they’d still have to make the full drive and convert a 2 pointer just to tie, but missing that facemask is absolutely egregious

im gangster

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Are all scoring plays not reviewed in last two minutes of the half? I would have thought official review woulda called that facemasking on LA.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean, they’d still have to make the full drive and convert a 2 pointer just to tie, but missing that facemask is absolutely egregious
Game was kind of decided 2 drives earlier when Naylor dropped the 3rd and 4 pass at like the 10 or something when they were down 21-17 and settled for a FG.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I have no faith that Darnold would lead the Vikings down 80 yards to the end zone and then score a 2 point conversion, but it does suck the game ends on such an obvious missed call.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Are all scoring plays not reviewed in last two minutes of the half? I would have thought replay woulda called that facemasking on LA.
Replay can’t call a penalty. Or reverse a penalty call. All it can do is confirm whether it was a safety which it was. Up to the officials to call the face mask which they missed.

Reactions: im gangster

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Awful non-call but the game was lost before then. Facemask just takes attention away from Darnold’s absolute refusal to throw it. It’s an ongoing issue.

Vikings defense looks really bad. Can’t pass rush or cover the last two weeks. Great offenses but it’s ugly. The penalties make it that much worse.

Vikings have a lot of things to correct. Said it after the Jets game but now they’re not getting away it. Have to get it corrected quick because of the winnable games coming up.

Reactions: LightningStorm

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Every third down stop the Vikings had was greeted with a flag for a free first down for LA. Then they “miss” a face mask penalty on LA to end the game.

I’d look where all the money went before the game in the gambling world but i feel like I already know.

Im not a fan of either team so I have no dog in this. In fact, with my team holding Minnesota’s 2nd rounder I’m better off if they lose. But this was some conveniently shady shit all night.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Awful non-call but the game was lost before then. Facemask just takes attention away from Darnold’s absolute refusal to throw it. It’s an ongoing issue.

Vikings defense looks really bad. Can’t pass rush or cover the last two weeks. Great offenses but it’s ugly. The penalties make it that much worse.

Vikings have a lot of things to correct. Said it after the Jets game but now they’re not getting away it. Have to get it corrected quick because of the winnable games coming up.
Pretty much this. Our D was horrid tonight with all the penalties on 3rd down plus giving Stafford a clean pocket, and the red zone offense in the 2nd half sucked. Gotta get things corrected with this week and a half off.

Reactions: Avs_19

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not sure how two refs managed to both miss that call. legalized sports gambling really makes you question some of these calls (or lack thereof) these days. rams also had a few drives saved because of penalties as well

either way, i don't see darnold going all the way downfield without any TOs AND getting the two point conversion

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Lost in the shuffle of the facemask, as well as the lowly Vikings going from undefeated to losing two games in 4 days, is the massive lapse in judgement by Kupp when he didn't go down in bounds and gave the Vikings 40 extra seconds to drive down the field for a game tying score. If he goes down in bounds, the Vikings have a minute to drive down the field for a TD, and the game is essentially over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad