Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Hey now, Beasley was a All-Pro! because one voter decided that voting for three receivers meant the 3rd one had to be a slot guy...

Yep, it's all about just getting there and then having one good 4 game stretch. That's quite literally what the Chiefs did last year.

Bengals IMO are the team to beat for the last spot. Still don't trust their defense, but they're only 1 game out right now and they're getting healthier too with Higgins back and a couple guys on defense as well. Like the Chargers to hang around for WC2...not going to blow anyone away but that's a well coached team and their defense will keep them in it every week.

Colts being only 1 game behind Houston could make things interesting if Houston stumbles, especially if Indy can split the series.

Unfortunately for Indy, Richardson is playing again and thus will cost them a couple wins that they otherwise get with Flacco under center. Like Richardson's potential but if this team has the chance to run with a weak division under Flacco, you have to consider it. Richardson's younger than most of the rookies this year anyways.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I'm sure there are fans that feel that way.

And he does have a history of coaching mistakes at the biggest moments. But at the same time......he's an exceptional head coach to get himself and his team into big moments.

I really do think we need to get a good OC in the HC position, longterm. And I sometimes worry about McDermott's decisions during the game. Sometimes. But the man's leadership skills, and his relationships within the organization, and the community, are invaluable.

Assuming Brady proves himself to be "the man", I'd like to see McDermott promoted to an Executive role, where he can steer the ship, and free up a high-paying HC position for an OC; this way, Josh isn't learning a new "system" every other year.

It's not a firing. It maintains the McDermott/Beane connection that's served us so well in the past. And above all else, the move helps maintain the organizational foundation that was missing during those drought years.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Bengals IMO are the team to beat for the last spot. Still don't trust their defense, but they're only 1 game out right now and they're getting healthier too with Higgins back and a couple guys on defense as well. Like the Chargers to hang around for WC2...not going to blow anyone away but that's a well coached team and their defense will keep them in it every week.

I said that 2-3 from north will be in the battle. I think only one vnn of Pit/Cin might compete with balt. Pitt had all div games to play and play KC, and the rest of nfc east sans dallas both have potentially are schedules to play
Colts being only 1 game behind Houston could make things interesting if Houston stumbles, especially if Indy can split the series.

Their young QB is still raw. I think he will lose some games that Flaco wouldnt. Thry played him yesterday. He played I think 4 games last year and 3 maybe this year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
IMG_0890.jpeg

:lol:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Buffalo Bills: Buyers​

The Bills already showed their hand about what they believe their chances are in 2024. In acquiring Amari Cooper last week, it was a big statement to boost a receiver room that sorely needed an upgrade. General manager Brandon Beane didn’t rule out making another move ahead of the deadline either. Injuries could always change priorities, but their two biggest needs currently are either at safety, or at backup offensive line due to the huge dropoff from starters to reserves. At safety, though, the Bills have left the door open on a potential Micah Hyde reunion if he chooses to return to playing, which would fill another big need. — Joe Buscaglia

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Less than 24 hours after wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk injured his right knee against the Kansas City Chiefs, the San Francisco 49ers got the bad news they were expecting.

Aiyuk tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his right knee, which will require surgery and end his 2024 season after just seven games, coach Kyle Shanahan announced Monday.

What's more, the illness that limited wideout Deebo Samuel to four snaps against the Chiefs is technically a form of pneumonia, according to Shanahan. Samuel has some fluid buildup in his lungs and remains in a local hospital after checking in Sunday night.

"I think it started acting up in the middle of the night Saturday night or early Sunday morning and then it just kind of evolved as the day went," Shanahan said of Samuel. "Once we found out he had the fluid in his lungs and stuff after the game, then I believe they sent him over there."

Shanahan said there's no timeline yet for when Samuel could return, though that should clarify over the next few days.

A few thoughts:

Hopefully Aiyuk and Samuel get healthy. But, this is why Aiyuk wanted to get paid.

Thank goodness Beane got the Cooper deal done when he did.

I wonder if the 49ers turn into sellers at the deadline...

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

A few thoughts:

Hopefully Aiyuk and Samuel get healthy. But, this is why Aiyuk wanted to get paid.

He's having the time of his life, and taking us all along for the ride lol 😄

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Need some capology help - because that is not my strong suit.

From what I can see, the Bills could add Garrett for this season. It'd leave some work to do next season, but it's possible.

I'd give up two 1sts for him. Maybe more.

Am I reading Spotrec and Over the Cap correctly? Thanks in advance.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Need some capology help - because that is not my strong suit.

From what I can see, the Bills could add Garrett for this season. It'd leave some work to do next season, but it's possible.

I'd give up two 1sts for him. Maybe more.

Am I reading Spotrec and Over the Cap correctly? Thanks in advance.
It'd certainly transform this defense. I put so much value on elite DEs, and Garrett is just that.

My only hesitation is his age. Turning 30 this summer. That being said, he only has 3 years left on his deal after this year, and I believe he'd be a great player for us for atleast two seasons. When you have Josh Allen in his prime- those two years are so damn valuable. Im just remembering what Von did for the Rams during their SB run, and I believe Garrett is a few years younger than Von was at that point.

We've seen Beane can weasal his way out of hefty contracts. This was supposed to be a rebuild year, and it appears we'll be cruising to another division title. With a QB like Allen, you just hope to get in, and pray he has a 2021 run in him.

I suppose I'd need to see the full picture before giving an honest opinion. Two firsts is A LOT, and Im not sure how the cap looks if we did make the trade. That being said, we'd be committing to a premium position and a player who still likely has a couple years of great play ahead of him.

A few thoughts:

I remember my Nurse Manager not liking this kid's personality. I'm sure I gave quite the side eye after that comment. We obviously don't know him personally, so can only comment on his public image, but he seems laid back and humorous. The press will love him if he turns into a #1 WR, which I believe is very possible.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
We need to exploit the injuries to Seattle's front and run it down their throats like a few teams have done this year. Has Seattle gotten any of their injured D-linemen and Linebackers back yet?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The problem with a trade for Garett is, it not only costs you the trade package, it also means you aren't resigning Rousseau. Garrett's obviously better, but is he 2 1sts and maybe $10million in cap better? Also, Bills rotate DL. So it's a guythat plays, at most, 75% of d snaps costing all that. I can't see that being a good move.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad