NFL GDT: Week 7: Prodigal Sons Returning

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Different take here.........Tua already has/had a helmet that was custom made for him. It was working fine. He just made a boneheaded choice to go headfirst into Hamlin.

I'm more pissed that Tua claimed he was symptom free since the day after it happened. No way should he have been forced to sit out for 5 weeks. That was all a show to quiet all the internet doctors & everyone screaming for him to retire. Sadly he is the poster boy for concussions and will always be treated differently than everyone else who gets concussed. Tua absolutely rocked this presser.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Different take here.........Tua already has/had a helmet that was custom made for him. It was working fine. He just made a boneheaded choice to go headfirst into Hamlin.

I'm more pissed that Tua claimed he was symptom free since the day after it happened. No way should he have been forced to sit out for 5 weeks. That was all a show to quiet all the internet doctors & everyone screaming for him to retire. Sadly he is the poster boy for concussions and will always be treated differently than everyone else who gets concussed. Tua absolutely rocked this presser.
Counterpoint; the contact he ate from Hamlin was barely anything and he was throwing gang signs after what would be have been inconsequential contact for anyone else.

It's also wasn't a show for him to miss as much time as he did. He got put on IR out of precaution and the initial timetable was very unclear. Miami likely wasn't sure if he could be back even if he was symptom free, so they threw him on IR to clear up a roster spot.

Reactions: fin8

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Once you land on IR, there is a minimum that you need to sit out for. Miami, gave themselves and Tua time to heal without the pressure or attention to get back sooner. Had to wait out the required time.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Counterpoint; the contact he ate from Hamlin was barely anything and he was throwing gang signs after what would be have been inconsequential contact for anyone else.

It's also wasn't a show for him to miss as much time as he did. He got put on IR out of precaution and the initial timetable was very unclear. Miami likely wasn't sure if he could be back even if he was symptom free, so they threw him on IR to clear up a roster spot.
That may well be, but based on what HE said, it sounded as if he could have played way sooner than this. I get why the Dolphins did what they did but at the end of the day, it likely cost them 2 wins. They had 3 players who were in the protocol after Tua & all 3 missed a whopping 1 game. I wish there could have been a happy medium in Tua's case.

Once you land on IR, there is a minimum that you need to sit out for. Miami, gave themselves and Tua time to heal without the pressure or attention to get back sooner. Had to wait out the required time.
I understand this.......all I'm saying is if it was ANY other player besides Tua, we would not be having this discussion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Held out, missed training camp, got paid, underperformed, got called out by media and fans for lack of effort and now he’s out for the year with a torn ACL and MCL.

Super Bowl hangover for the Niners. CMC is out, Aiyuk is out, Deebo is injured. Christ.

Imagine if Aiyuk didn’t get that contract, he would be screwed.

That’s specifically why he held out.

Deebo is actually sick.

I’ve had this happen to me in 2009, it ain’t no joke.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Both clubs are at 2 wins and 5 losses.

If he doesn't like it in NY, he will get cut if he doesn't restructure his contract, and can go find a better destination.

Raiders didn't even score a TD yesterday. And the offense gave up the deciding score on a fumble return for a TD.
Well he only wanted to go to NY if the reports are true. This is likely a short stint with the Jets especially if Rodgers retires at the end of the season if things continue to go south

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well he only wanted to go to NY if the reports are true. This is likely a short stint with the Jets especially if Rodgers retires at the end of the season if things continue to go south

But he had all the time with those hype videos of him and Rodgers being best buddies, also being on Pat Macafee with him being like 'yeah im here!'

f*** that bitch.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That’s specifically why he held out.

Deebo is actually sick.

I’ve had this happen to me in 2009, it ain’t no joke.

Saw my dad deal with it growing up. Can confirm shit is scary.

Admittedly my dad was in pretty poor shape health wise whereas Deebo is an athlete at peak physical condition/health so hopefully that helps him out in getting back to 100%

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I feel like this is a poor matchup for the Ravens. The Buccaneers can really move the ball through the air.

Then again, the Buccaneers defense isn't great. Should be high scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad