Post-Game Talk: WEEK 6 - Pats fall to 1-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I know he's not known for his blocking but good lord Gesicki. Overall, another bad signing.

Everyone wants to blame everything on the QB. And then you see this and Lowe, and Brown last week and you say to yourself, HOW did Bill not think to address the line? And why are these players not even trying?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The takeaway from today is that this team is even worse than we thought. The bad penalties. The brutal play calling. The players quitting at various times throughout the game. It all screams dysfunction. The only solution is to blow it all up and start over. There’s now way you can shit the bed and get a top pick and leave it in the hands of Bill. He’ll either trade down for 3 third round picks or reach for a long snapper with a 6th round grade on him. And by blow it up, I mean fresh start with nobody attached to Bill or this staff.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That press conference was one of a coward. What a bitch he is. Take your medicine like a big boy. You had no issues patting yourself on the back when you had Brady covering up how bad you really are, but now that it’s front and center, you act like that? Weak.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Bill should be fired for his schtick of removing the NFL microphone. Maybe it used to be funny but not when you get your ass kicked every week.

It’s strange. It seems like an OCD thing. Like he can’t have it sticking up like 4 feet from his face. He insists on it being horizontal. And it just doesn’t go that way.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That press conference was one of a coward. What a bitch he is. Take your medicine like a big boy. You had no issues patting yourself on the back when you had Brady covering up how bad you really are, but now that it’s front and center, you act like that? Weak.

And he's responsible for the players or lack there of on this team. He should be able to answer legitimate questions but he won't. I'm over his bs. I'm sorry about your breakup with Linda, Bill. But your entire constructed team sucks and that's on YOU.

Wait what, didn’t he throw a horrible pick, he has no responsibility for the loss?
Screenshot_20231015_204544_Chrome.jpg

He can speak for me.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
You can get on Bill all you want but there’s no evidence to say if he had a top pick he’d trade it.

But no I don’t want him drafting anymore

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
You can get on Bill all you want but there’s no evidence to say if he had a top pick he’d trade it.

But no I don’t want him drafting anymore
The Patriots actually have so many needs that I’ll bet a lot of prospective GMs would trade it for multiple picks.

But I don’t want him drafting anymore, either.

Time to let someone else shop for the groceries.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Lots goes into how bad this is.

Starts with poor drafting, which forces you to fill holes in the roster via free agency.

They’ve hit on a couple guys. Judon for a sure.
Henry is ok.

But you want to be signing complementary pieces in free agency, not core pieces.

That’s Bill the GM.

Then there’s Bill the coach.
This team is dumb.
They lack discipline. They take bad penalties and commit bad turnovers.

I wouldn’t say I’m a Mac “hater”, but he’s not good enough to elevate the rest of this offense. Too much water under the bridge, so I’d move on.

However, they don’t have anybody else worth playing, so I let him play out the season.

If Belichick wanted to prove something, like that he could win without Brady, that ship has sailed.

The worse this gets, the bigger a hit his legacy takes.

He’s always been a dink, and the schtick was cute when they were winning. Now they’re not. The same mumbling press conference week after week.

“Have to play better…Coach better…all three phases.”

That’s all he’s got at this point.

I clean house completely.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Patriots actually have so many needs that I’ll bet a lot of prospective GMs would trade it for multiple picks.

But I don’t want him drafting anymore, either.

Time to let someone else shop for the groceries.
Not without a QB they wouldn’t! Step 1 is drafting a QB with their 1st pick and then doing everything you can to surround that QB with an offensive line. The weapons take a backseat to the line because the weapons are useless without the line.

Reactions: BMC and capecodder

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Lots goes into how bad this is.

Starts with poor drafting, which forces you to fill holes in the roster via free agency.

They’ve hit on a couple guys. Judon for a sure.
Henry is ok.

But you want to be signing complementary pieces on free agency, not core pieces.

That’s Bill the GM.
Yup. Spot on.
Then there’s Bill the coach.
This team is dumb.
They lack discipline. They take bad penalties and commit bad turnovers.

Also correct.
I wouldn’t say I’m a Mac “hater”, but he’s not good enough to elevate the rest of this offense. Too much water under the bridge, so I’d move on.

However, they don’t have anybody else worth playing, so I let him play out the season.
To quote RGIII (I think): Belichick has committed coaching malpractice on Jones. I hope Jones can salvage his career, because William Belichick did him absolutely no good ever.
If Belichick wanted to prove something, like that he could win without Brady, that ship has sailed.
Oh yeah. That ship is way over the horizon. The ONLY people still calling him “great” are the guys calling the games on TV because they want viewers to think the Patriots have a shot to be competitive and not change the channel.
The worse this gets, the bigger a hit his legacy takes.
It grows worse by the day. The clock is already ticking on Bill. I won’t be surprised if he’s gone the day after the season ends.
He’s always been a dink, and the schtick was cute when they were winning. Now they’re not. The same mumbling press conference week after week.

“Have to play better…Coach better…all three phases.”

That’s all he’s got at this point.
Growing tiresome.
I clean house completely.
I agree. Time for fresh ideas.

Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad