NFL GDT: Week 6: If You Go, It's Just Another Day Without You

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
The Giants actually aren't...terrible? They've only gotten stomped once but they also haven't really beaten anyone convincingly either.

I feel like if i was a fan i'd want them to miss the playoffs just so i could be rid of bum ass BWC favorite Daniel Jones. Don't get duped by him again, Mara.
That's fair. I assumed they were bad because of their record. I've only really watched one of their games and it as the one against the Cowboys which they could have won.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's fair. I assumed they were bad because of their record. I've only really watched one of their games and it as the one against the Cowboys which they could have won.
Yup. Could have won that one. Probably would have beaten the Commies if they didn't lose their kicker. But then they barely beat a horrendous Browns team and needed a special teams play to seal the game against Seattle so it's hard to make up where exactly they stand.

Like when i've watched them i don't get the impression they suck as a whole.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Giants held WFT out of the end zone, a team that’s putting up numbers on offense they haven’t seen since the advent of the forward pass.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Yeah but originally, pre-merger it was just East and West in the NFL and they were in the East while Baltimore was in the West. My guess is either they wanted to be in the East for the exposure (remember, they were an expansion team in 1960) or maybe the league wanted them there to help them get the exposure. Those rivalries weren't like Eagles-Giants or Bears-Packers, going back to the beginning of the NFL, they only exist because the league put Dallas in the East in the first place. I believe they also lobbied the league to get the 2nd T-Day game every year where before it was just Detroit hosting one game and the other game was any other two random teams.
It goes back to the origins of the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry, and putting them in the same division.

Dallas was only allowed as an expansion team in 1960 cause their owner held the rights to the Skins fight song as ransom (true crazy story). So our racist POS owner finally let them into the league. A rivalry was born instantly.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Straw

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Back to Hutchinson, that is a devastating injury and opens the door for Minnesota and Green Bay in this division.

He can't be replaced. But Detroit doesn't have the defensive line depth either.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Yup. Could have won that one. Probably would have beaten the Commies if they didn't lose their kicker. But then they barely beat a horrendous Browns team and needed a special teams play to seal the game against Seattle so it's hard to make up where exactly they stand.

Like when i've watched them i don't get the impression they suck as a whole.
Barely beating an abysmal Browns team? Sounds a lot like the Eagles:laugh: They've had their way with the Giants as of late until that disastrous last game of the season. Should be a good one.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Back to Hutchinson, that is a devastating injury and opens the door for Minnesota and Green Bay in this division.

He can't be replaced. But Detroit doesn't have the defensive line depth either.
Absolute bummer of an injury both for the sake of the team and Hutch himself since it looked like he was about to make his name known amongst the best players in the league.

Hope he comes back even stronger.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Pretty much. For as historic as the Habs are, they get almost zero coverage/hype outside of Quebec.

Absolutely make up for it with how passionate/insane their fans are though. You got dudes partying in the streets because they won 2 of their first 3 regular season games lmao.

That's really just the city's general party/laissez-faire culture shining through. What a place.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Absolute bummer of an injury both for the sake of the team and Hutch himself since it looked like he was about to make his name known amongst the best players in the league.

It's a freak injury. Nothing you can do.

Good news is that I think it could have been worse. Bad news...he isn't coming back this season

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lions will be sniffing around for pass rushers at the trade deadline. They were going to be doing that anyways.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Also brutal because he’s in year 3, thus eligibile for an extension in the offseason. He will get the 5th year option picked up but unlikely Detroit gives him an extension until he returns to health and regains his form.

Lions will be sniffing around for pass rushers at the trade deadline. They were going to be doing that anyways.
Have to get some DL help. Who is likely to be available?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad