NFL GDT: Week 6: If You Go, It's Just Another Day Without You

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Daltonception

That guy could've run it in, you're up 18. Take your moment.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Biggest market + they always get the sexy matchups on paper.

It's no different than Canadian hockey fans being stuck with the blight known as the Toronto Maple Leafs having a reserved spot on saturday nights.

God forbid the one or two times a year the Leafs don't play on Saturday and gasp...they have to show someone else.

I never understand the Canada thing because aren't the Canadians more historic? It also seems like the Canadians are the up and comers this year and should be seen by more people.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Andy Dalton MVP stocks have taken a small hit today. Continue to hold and wait for further instruction.

I never understand the Canada thing because aren't the Canadians more historic? It also seems like the Canadians are the up and comers this year and should be seen by more people.
They've gotten better about it recent years. The Leafs are still the "A" feed but there's usually a Habs, Sens or once and a while, a Jets game running alongside it on an alternate feed.

Still obnoxious as shit though.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I was told the Panthers were going to win the Super Bowl after Andy Dalton led them to victory vs the Raiders. Very concerned I will have to go to work the day of the Super Bowl parade instead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Turpin fumbles. It feels like the Cowboys have 20 turnovers, but it's only 5

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I went out to walk the dog and the Cowboys got worse? And they sent Brady to this game. God I hope the 49ers don't get embarrassed next week by KC.
Brady is going to do at least three more Cowboys games. On top of that, the Cowboys have four more SNF/MNF games left. You’re going to see a lot more Cowboys this season.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Toronto is sort of Canada's version of New York -- biggest population and tons of loudmouth fans.
Pretty much. For as historic as the Habs are, they get almost zero coverage/hype outside of Quebec.

Absolutely make up for it with how passionate/insane their fans are though. You got dudes partying in the streets because they won 2 of their first 3 regular season games lmao.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I've always hated the Dallas America's Team moniker, but this is a game where they should just get relegated. Why does Dallas get good ratings again?
The NFC East has traditionally been the league's biggest market and all of the teams have generally gotten good exposure. Now, why Dallas is in the NFC East is another question.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Even though the Commanders lost, they're still the best team in the NFC East. If the Giants win tonight, they'll be right back into the division race. Crazy stuff.:laugh: Will make the Eagles/Giants game even more interesting, surprised it isn't a primetime game with Barkley making his return.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The NFC East has traditionally been the league's biggest market and all of the teams have generally gotten good exposure. Now, why Dallas is in the NFC East is another question.
Basically the same thing. All of the Cowboys' biggest rivals are in that division outside of maybe the Packers. The league would never dream of splitting them up even if it makes sense to do so geographically.

It's not really any different than the NHL not wanting to move the Red Wings for so long.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I had him on ignore as well after for some reason being unable to learn my lesson in just not interacting with him.

Still good to know he's gone lmao.

Him bragging about the Cowboys being the ‘Doomsday’ defense of the 70’s and how Dak should’ve been MVP talk.

Cowboys defense haven’t been good since the 90’s and Dak MVP? f*** out of here

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Even though the Commanders lost, they're still the best team in the NFC East. If the Giants win tonight, they'll be right back into the division race. Crazy stuff.:laugh: Will make the Eagles/Giants game even more interesting, surprised it isn't a primetime game with Barkley making his return.
The Giants actually aren't...terrible? They've only gotten stomped once but they also haven't really beaten anyone convincingly either.

I feel like if i was a fan i'd want them to miss the playoffs just so i could be rid of bum ass BWC favorite Daniel Jones. Don't get duped by him again, Mara.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Basically the same thing. All of the Cowboys' biggest rivals are in that division outside of maybe the Packers. The league would never dream of splitting them up even if it makes sense to do so geographically.

It's not really any different than the NHL not wanting to move the Red Wings for so long.
Yeah but originally, pre-merger it was just East and West in the NFL and they were in the East while Baltimore was in the West. My guess is either they wanted to be in the East for the exposure (remember, they were an expansion team in 1960) or maybe the league wanted them there to help them get the exposure. Those rivalries weren't like Eagles-Giants or Bears-Packers, going back to the beginning of the NFL, they only exist because the league put Dallas in the East in the first place. I believe they also lobbied the league to get the 2nd T-Day game every year where before it was just Detroit hosting one game and the other game was any other two random teams.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Him bragging about the Cowboys being the ‘Doomsday’ defense of the 70’s and how Dak should’ve been MVP talk.

Cowboys defense haven’t been good since the 90’s and Dak MVP? f*** out of here
My favorite is when he'd try to go "lol dolphins tho" as a retort

Buddy, i've been watching this team since i was like 6. I know they're trash. You have no power here.

Difference i expect the Dolphins to suck, for some reason he believes in the Cowboys still.

Reactions: EpochLink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad