NCAA GDT: Week 6: A Sequel That Nobody Asked For

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Indiana is the first bowl-eligible team. They’re 6-0 already.

GameDay headed to Eugene next week for what will be a top 5 matchup on NBC between Oregon and Ohio State.

Big Noon Kickoff hasn’t made it known yet, they have a weak schedule again next week, in fact they haven’t even picked what the actual noon-Fox game will be between Washington/Iowa and Wisconsin/Rutgers, guessing it’s the latter, but they have Arizona/BYU in the mid afternoon. Or maybe they go to a non-Fox game.

Texas is already the last undefeated team remaining in the SEC. Would be a huge feather in their cap until the end of time if they win the conference in their first year. I think Mizzou went to Atlanta in their first year.
Really tough stretch of games. Against 3 big time SEC powerhouses. OU-Georgia-VANDERBILT.

Also with Bama and Tennessee both losing gameday will be in Austin in two weeks

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Indiana is the first bowl-eligible team. They’re 6-0 already.

GameDay headed to Eugene next week for what will be a top 5 matchup on NBC between Oregon and Ohio State.

Big Noon Kickoff hasn’t made it known yet, they have a weak schedule again next week, in fact they haven’t even picked what the actual noon-Fox game will be between Washington/Iowa and Wisconsin/Rutgers, guessing it’s the latter, but they have Arizona/BYU in the mid afternoon. Or maybe they go to a non-Fox game.

Texas is already the last undefeated team remaining in the SEC. Would be a huge feather in their cap until the end of time if they win the conference in their first year. I think Mizzou went to Atlanta in their first year.
Was talking with my dad about it last night before all of these loses went down and we both agreed that we don't think anyone is coming out of the SEC undefeated this year. Someone is going to get Texas eventually.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was talking with my dad about it last night before all of these loses went down and we both agreed that we don't think anyone is coming out of the SEC undefeated this year. Someone is going to get Texas eventually.
Seems likely with their schedule. I’m more thinking about a 3-loss SEC team getting into the Expanded College Football Playoff.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
It was textbook targeting that should've made it 1st and 10 for Cal at the Miami 40 with 1:50 left. It doesn't seal the game but makes it more likely Cal can ice it with either a FG or.another 1st down.
Agreed especially when they showed the replay in slow motion and the Miami player hit him with the crown of his helmet. The announcers couldn't believe they didn't call it targeting

Last edited:
Reactions: sigma six

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes I’d put them ahead of them. They lost to f***ing Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt might be decent, they took Mizzou to overtime, beat Virginia Tech. Of course they did lose to Georgia State. But they're not on the level of the 2-win team we're used to seeing.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Vanderbilt might be decent, they took Mizzou to overtime, beat Virginia Tech. Of course they did lose to Georgia State. But they're not on the level of the 2-win team we're used to seeing.

And Mizzou got boat raced by A&M. Ik it’s still early in the season but it’s an embarrassing loss.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
That's a long time considering that the networks want these matchups.
But the B12 and SEC going to 7 and the B1G going to 8 could make room for the following games to be played annually as OOC games:

Penn State-Pittsburgh
Cincinnati-Ohio State
Kansas-Missouri
California-UCLA
Oklahoma-Oklahoma State
Florida-Miami (FL)
Baylor-Texas
Baylor-Texas A&M

This assuming the B12 and SEC require 3 OOC games against P4 teams and the ACC and B1G 2 games.

• Haha
Reactions: End of Line and LT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But the B12 and SEC going to 7 and the B1G going to 8 could make room for the following games to be played annually as OOC games:

Penn State-Pittsburgh
Cincinnati-Ohio State
Kansas-Missouri
California-UCLA
Oklahoma-Oklahoma State
Florida-Miami (FL)
Baylor-Texas
Baylor-Texas A&M

This assuming the B12 and SEC require 3 OOC games against P4 teams and the ACC and B1G 2 games.
Nobody is stopping these games from being played right now with the schedule currently as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad