Buffalo Bills Week 5 -- Buffalo (3-1) at Houston (3-1) Sun 10/6 · 1:00 PM EDT

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

How does this move impact Buffalo’s salary cap?​

Giving Allen more money in 2024 actually resulted in a net zero on his cap hit. When they restructured the deal in March, they left $8 million in base salary in 2024. When they renegotiated over the summer, they brought that number all the way down to the league minimum salary, and the resulting proration kept his cap number at roughly $30.3 million.

The move does lower his cap hit in 2025 for now by about $15 million.

Where did the money come from?​

For this deal, it’s already money that was allocated for Josh Allen in the future. They took $25 million from his 2025 compensation (it was a roster bonus to be paid in March 2025) and $5 million from his 2028 base salary to move the $30 million into 2024.

It would not surprise me in the least if they do it again in 2025, with Allen now scheduled to only make $14.5 million next season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Cooper vs Adams vs Baker

If Beane trades for one, my guess is that they go for the DB.
Give me Baker all day every day. I suggested earlier that maybe we can bid for Simmons later in the season, but Baker would make me happy, too. I'd assume a Safety would come relatively cheap in terms of assets given up.

Not sure they can make the salary work, though. His cap hit is 19M this year.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Give me Baker all day every day. I suggested earlier that maybe we can bid for Simmons later in the season, but Baker would make me happy, too. I'd assume a Safety would come relatively cheap in terms of assets given up.

Almost any trade for the Bills will require the other team doing things to minimize the cap hit.

So, it will raise the price the Bills have to pay. But, it is possible.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Cardinals could eat money no? It's the last year on his deal and they have tons of room

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Almost any trade for the Bills will require the other team doing things to minimize the cap hit.

So, it will raise the price the Bills have to pay. But, it is possible.
Cardinals could eat money no? It's the last year on his deal and they have tons of room
Have to wonder if we'd re-sign him for a couple years if he gels well. We'll have the cap space next year. Could be a good guy to pair with Bishop. It'd be nice to have a good veteran player for our young Safety.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Shakir and Oliver both out on Sunday.
Cool. Oliver must have been hampered Sunday night. Getting healthy hungry guys to go after a second year qb that isn’t exactly tall ( w great receivers for sure ) that we’ve had all summer to go over his year of tape. . We have nothing to lose and just have to have to take away Collins and mixon.
Fun challenge if they come out aggressively on d and o.

I’ll take a krytonian victory from callel

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I fear this week is going to be one of the following:
-generic walking wounded L where they're just starting too many backups everywhere due to injury
-Allen hero ball goes wrong
-Offensive masterclass where they put up 30+, but the defense can't buy a stop, and we lose the game of the year in OT again

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Damn. The injury bug feels even worse than years past. That interior of our D line looks pretty bad now.
I worry about Shakir's durability the way he plays. Hopefully he proves me wrong long term.

Wonder which wr they elevate from the PS, Shavers probably ?

Last edited:

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
That's.......problematic.

I hope Samuel steps up into Shakir's role. He certainly has the ability to.
Also would love to see Coleman work as a big slot Not sure the Bills have been training him there at all tho

I worry about Shakir's durability the way he plays. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Wonder which wr they elevate from the PS, Shavers probably ?
Hamler maybe?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I am tired of the D line switching between top 5 and bottom 5 every other week since McDermott got here.
The one constant of every playoff loss is the d-line getting their shit rocked in run and pass sets on almost every single drive. The only time they didn't was the first half of the 2021 game against KC where they got a ton of pressure, but Mahomes Houdini'd his way out of everything and killed them with scrambles.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Oliver is from Houston area i believe. Bummer for him not to suit up.

Von, Oliver, Rapp, Shakir all out. Johnson/bernard Questionable. Assume Taron is not gonna play.

Stop the bleed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad