Buffalo Bills Week 5 -- Buffalo (3-1) at Houston (3-1) Sun 10/6 · 1:00 PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Where it went wrong between Diggs and the Bills is not a question that yields a single answer from more than a dozen team, front office and industry sources ESPN contacted for this story. The player is famously mercurial. The team's level of patience with his personality ebbed and flowed. The offense was headed in a different direction. The ratio of the impact of these three causes on Diggs' exit depends on who's doing the talking.

But to be sure, this divorce did not come out of nowhere.
While team sources were not able to confirm whether Diggs officially requested a trade, they agree Diggs was open to a change in scenery and an eventual trade was a mutual decision.

"If he's not happy somewhere, he's smart enough to maneuver his way out," a source close to Diggs said.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
My criteria?

I was pointing out the fact that despite what people like to say, the salary cap is real. And the Bills do not have a lot of cap space today and because of the moves they have made already this year, they do not have a ton of levers to pull to create more cap space.

Now when it comes to the rumors that WRs like Adams and Cooper are on the trade block, I am just saying that I will be surprised if the Bills can make it work cap-wise given the current situation.

And with all the injuries they are dealing with, Beane may choose to not add unless it is to replace someone who gets hurt.

Would I like to see Davante Adams in a Bills uniform this season? Sure. But, I will be surprised if that were to happen because the Bills will likely need to have the Raiders do some things cap-wise that raise the reported price of a 2nd+ to perhaps a 1ast rounder. And I will be surprised if Beane trades his 2025 1st given that the plan was that this season was a soft reset year.

Trading your 1st for a WR mid-season is way more of a win now move. I would be surprised if Beane does that.
I'm not sure Devante Adams fixes the original problem you wanted to sign someone to fix on the defensive line.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm very interested to see how the Bills offense reacts, especially if Dawkins is out. He looked off on Sunday.

Houston's D line is stout and fast.

I think we are lucky catching them without Mixon (or at least without Mixon at 100%).

I think we will see them try to run and PA the ball deep. Stroud is amazingly talented but typically McDermott defenses are able to confuse young QBs.

I'm expecting like a 24-21 game.

Also a Josh Allen INT is coming, it's just math at this point.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like we need help on defense with all these injuries and suspended Miller. I’m worried.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Deontae Johnson is by far the receiver that makes the most sense. I’d be thinking outside receivers that win with separation.

Ohhhh forgot about him. I would be in on that. Contract friendly as well for this year. Compared to Adams and others anyways. Maybe he would even re-sign here. Not sure what the market rate is for him though.

others are right too. We could just stand pat this year, or add in other areas. It will surely depend on how we look before trade deadline, AND how do the receivers look. Hollins/MVS opposite Coleman right now is meh production wise.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I'm very interested to see how the Bills offense reacts, especially if Dawkins is out. He looked off on Sunday.

Houston's D line is stout and fast.

I think we are lucky catching them without Mixon (or at least without Mixon at 100%).

I think we will see them try to run and PA the ball deep. Stroud is amazingly talented but typically McDermott defenses are able to confuse young QBs.

I'm expecting like a 24-21 game.

Also a Josh Allen INT is coming, it's just math at this point.
Should of been taken out tbh, you never want to make a hammy worse

Van DeMark is the the only other tackle left btw I think ?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad