Buffalo Bills Week 5 -- Buffalo (3-1) at Houston (3-1) Sun 10/6 · 1:00 PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

If you really want to some fun go see how much dead cap the Browns have on that deal with void years

The browns really are a poorly run team.

The EZ angles show I think Hollins, potentially into double coverage though depending on how much juice Josh could have gotten

It looked like Hollins would have cleared them, but that throw was under duress and the safety pulled up after the throw. Even if he got it off, it could have been an interception.

Just a really poorly designed play call.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

It looked like Hollins would have cleared them, but that throw was under duress and the safety pulled up after the throw. Even if he got it off, it could have been an interception.

Just a really poorly designed play call.
Yeah, it looks like Hollins would have beaten the defenders to the pylon.....but Josh would have needed to put it on the pylon.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And Milano (later in the season).
And maybe a run stuffing DT and a starting S to replace Rapp. Some salary will need to be moved around, though.

Only comment here is on the trick play.

Allen looked like he was about to LAUNCH it 60+ yards in the air. Wonder if/who was open down field.

When the slow mo came out i really thought best case was a concussion and worst case was since the ball got stripped and his arm was thinking it was launching a pass it looked like he F'd his elbow up again (UCL).

I was pretty shocked that he went right back in no problem.
Yup. I take the fumble 10/10 times instead of what happened to Allen against the Jets. I was grateful his arm wasn't going forward because he was letting that one rip.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
In case anyone had questions why I'm so big on drafting for the offensive and defensive lines.... my reasoning was on display last night.

A team like Baltimore can come in and just kick the snot out of the Bills along the lines. I'm not saying the starters are bad, but they need more depth and, in some cases, need to develop starters.

Perimeter players won't help against teams that play as physical as Baltimore.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The coaches did not put the players in the best position to win on Sunday night. The good thing is that Brady & Babich owned it as opposed to making excuses.

Now they need to get things back on track.

The good news is that Houston isn't a matchup nightmare for the Bills D and Brady has 17 at QB.

Kromer needs to get the OLine right, as well.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Would your trade Mike White to the Dolphins for a 5th ?
Not a chance, right ?

They can sign him off the practice squad for nothing.

Miami's absolute disintegration as a team has exposed McDaniel as a coach. He simply doesn't have the experience to be a head coach. If you caught any of last years HBO series with them, they highlighted how untraditional he was. Whatever it is, it doesn't appear he has the ability to win the game more than one way. If their offense isn't boat racing teams (or at least in a track meet) he doesn't know how to adjust. I think a big part of that is lack of coaching experience.

Vs an 0-3 team with a QB who self implodes and then vs his backup...they lost by almost 20 points. At home.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Goff pitching perfect game tonight 18/18 with about 5m remaining

Me watching the Lions after the absolute waffle stomping the Ravens gave us:

1727782712526.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They can sign him off the practice squad for nothing.

Miami's absolute disintegration as a team has exposed McDaniel as a coach. He simply doesn't have the experience to be a head coach. If you caught any of last years HBO series with them, they highlighted how untraditional he was. Whatever it is, it doesn't appear he has the ability to win the game more than one way. If their offense isn't boat racing teams (or at least in a track meet) he doesn't know how to adjust. I think a big part of that is lack of coaching experience.

Vs an 0-3 team with a QB who self implodes and then vs his backup...they lost by almost 20 points. At home.
I think it showed what happens when you build an offense around a QB with a unique skillset and you do not have a backup QB with a skillset that you can work with if QB1 goes down.

Most teams would have huge issues if QB1 goes down. If Mahomes or Allen go down, the Chiefs and Bills are toast. I bet the 49ers would be really hurting if Brock Purdy went down.

And lots of teams are really good as frontrunners. The Ravens and Bills are two other teams that are hard to beat if they get things rolling and can have a hard time adjusting if the game script isn't going their way unless it is against a mediocre team.

Reactions: Zman5778

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

The coaches did not put the players in the best position to win on Sunday night. The good thing is that Brady & Babich owned it as opposed to making excuses.

Now they need to get things back on track.

The good news is that Houston isn't a matchup nightmare for the Bills D and Brady has 17 at QB.

Kromer needs to get the OLine right, as well.

Yeah. Houston's O line has been ass this year. They're talented, though. We shouldn't get dominated in the trenches atleast. To be fair, the Ravens are very strong in the trenches. It played a big part in their run to the #1 seed. We wont be playing teams that dominant in the trenches very often.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah. Houston's O line has been ass this year. They're talented, though. We shouldn't get dominated in the trenches atleast. To be fair, the Ravens are very strong in the trenches. It played a big part in their run to the #1 seed. We wont be playing teams that dominant in the trenches very often.
The other issue for the Bills defense was that they want to play base nickel defense and light or neutral boxes and that just doesn't work against Baltimore's unique offense as they like to go with heavy personnel and pound the rock with a generational dual threat QB and a 1-2 combo at RB that is dangerous.

Being unwilling or unable to do something different to try and slow down the Ravens running game was the #1 reason for them giving up 35 points.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
They played tentative and got punished. They played aggressive and started a comeback. The mentality of the D was rocked last night. gap integrity was baaaaad. The over reactions to pre snap motion were also not a good look. The offensive line had a bad game as well. This is a seasoned head coach bullying two rookie coordinators and taking advantage of the Bills weaknesses.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
In case anyone had questions why I'm so big on drafting for the offensive and defensive lines.... my reasoning was on display last night.

A team like Baltimore can come in and just kick the snot out of the Bills along the lines. I'm not saying the starters are bad, but they need more depth and, in some cases, need to develop starters.

Perimeter players won't help against teams that play as physical as Baltimore.

I think it's time for McDermott to reevaluate just how many players we have in rotation (on the defensive line.) Sacrifice some of that depth for an infusion of talent.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I don't.

Oliver and Jones got manhandled on Sunday night. The answer to that is not playing them even more,
I'm not advocating playing them more. I'm advocating setting our sights higher. I want Ed Oliver and Gregory Rousseau to be relied on less, because the opposing team is focused on a game-wrecker.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm not advocating playing them more. I'm advocating setting our sights higher. I want Ed Oliver and Gregory Rousseau to be relied on less, because the opposing team is focused on a game-wrecker.
I doubt that will be an option between now and the trade deadline given the lack of cap space and the lack of cap flexibility they have right now.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I doubt that will be an option between now and the trade deadline given the lack of cap space and the lack of cap flexibility they have right now.
The cap will always be the biggest obstacle, as long as Josh is chewing up 20-25% of it. So if the Bills are to find a way to talent at a bargain, their best shot is through the draft.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Was at the Ravens game in Baltimore. Coaches were our biggest weakness and got out-schemed badly on both sides of the ball. We kept the box light on defense - did the coaches not expect Baltimore to run right at us like they've done in every other game?

Linebackers and safeties did not play well. Damar should not start. OL also had a poor game in pass protection - both guards were poor but Torrence was especially notably bad. Didn't realize until reading it yesterday but I guess O'Cyrus Torrence is the worst graded guard in the league through four games.

It's only one game though. On to Houston.

Reactions: JLewyB

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX

The cap will always be the biggest obstacle, as long as Josh is chewing up 20-25% of it. So if the Bills are to find a way to talent at a bargain, their best shot is through the draft.

Who's the mystery player that's available? If there was someone worthwhile, the cap is a moveable object.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad