NFL GDT: Week 3: In Our Derek Carr Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I don't understand how Minnesota and Pittsburgh are undefeated. Biggest surprises to me.

Minnesota's star quarterback and Michigan Man was injured in the preseason for the year. That was a huge loss. Yes they have jefferson but they lost their QB. Not sure how they are undefeated.

And Pitt is fielding a guy who got run out of Denver for being ass as well as Fields who was basically traded after a lackluster start in Chicago. I know they have Najee Harris and the defense is good but how are they unbeaten with that QB play?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
The Falcons got three first downs as a result of flags on the ensuing drive.
yea when far away from the endzone go figure dont give me that BS

I don't understand how Minnesota and Pittsburgh are undefeated. Biggest surprises to me.

Minnesota's star quarterback and Michigan Man was injured in the preseason for the year. That was a huge loss. Yes they have jefferson but they lost their QB. Not sure how they are undefeated.

And Pitt is fielding a guy who got run out of Denver for being ass as well as Fields who was basically traded after a lackluster start in Chicago. I know they have Najee Harris and the defense is good but how are they unbeaten with that QB play?
fields has been good...

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

maybe try watching some of the games?

• Wow
Reactions: John Price

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The Steelers don't have much of an offense though.

Glad others agree.

Yeah, you and those two dipshits are really cracking a secret code to determine the Steelers offense hasn't been very good

You don't need much offense when you hold the other team to 10 or less, like I said, try watching the games and maybe you would understand

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Miami was straight up non-competitive yesterday. I know most teams are SOL if their QB goes down, even more so when your 2nd stringer goes out mid game, but it’s not as if Tua getting hurt was completely outside the realm of possibility. Surprised they didn’t try and improve on Thompson at least as QB 2.

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
The Vikings look like they're pretty legit. I say this as a fan, I'm pretty blown away how well they've played so far this year. It's not just that they managed to beat the 49ers and Texans, it felt like they had complete control of each game.

We'll have to see how well Darnold can keep this up. His play will be the limiting factor to how well the rest of the year goes for them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vikings have been the most impressive 3-0 team. Steelers a surprising 3-0. Seahawks low key should have been 3-0 given they face Nix, Brisset, and were slated to play Tua at home but got Thompson instead. First real test in Detroit next week on MNF. KC, tough opponents in Bal and Cincy and ATL to start, but you expect good things from KC. Buf 2-0 is the last unbeaten team.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Yeah but Levis has a claim at having been the worst starter so far this season. He's been absolute dog shit.
1727110735449.png

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Miami was straight up non-competitive yesterday. I know most teams are SOL if their QB goes down, even more so when your 2nd stringer goes out mid game, but it’s not as if Tua getting hurt was completely outside the realm of possibility. Surprised they didn’t try and improve on Thompson at least as QB 2.
Nothing really better out there. Tannehill wants to be a full time starter, no one would have traded them their backup so this is what they end up with.

Maybe they go out and trade for Russ like being rumored now, i don't know. What they have in house now ain't it and they're already dead in the water like 4 weeks before Tua can even think about coming back.

McDaniel is lucky he has the QB shitshow to distract from objectively awful of a job he did coaching yesterday. Get the f***ing play in, Mike.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
McDaniel is lucky he has the QB shitshow to distract from objectively awful of a job he did coaching yesterday. Get the f***ing play in, Mike.
Most overrated coach in the NFL by a mile. The media loves him because he has charm and a quirky personality but that act will be wearing thin by the end of the year.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

steelers have always been excellent at getting teams to play down to their level. their D (mainly watt) disrupts the opposing offense and their own offense does the absolute bare minimum to scrape out a win

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
steelers have always been excellent at getting teams to play down to their level. their D (mainly watt) disrupts the opposing offense and their own offense does the absolute bare minimum to scrape out a win
Vs Pitt, you don't want to give their D opportunities to make plays. ATL, DEN, LAC (without Herbert). Going to be a low scoring, battle of the trenches type games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad