NFL GDT: Week 3: In Our Derek Carr Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The rule should be loss of possession. What he did worked out to a 4 yard penalty since the 10 yards is enforced from LOS.

I hope that gets looked at in the office season.

It was a 4 yard penalty, I don't think it matters lol
Meh, just enforce it from the spot of the foul. Between that and the loss of down it’s bad enough.

The NFL is never going to have a penalty that results in a direct turnover for something that involved a “did he do that on purpose or not” judgement call.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Meh, just enforce it from the spot of the foul. Between that and the loss of down it’s bad enough.

The NFL is never going to have a penalty that results in a direct turnover for something that involved a “did he do that on purpose or not” judgement call.
The loss of down isn't really a penalty though, since they'd lose the down regardless.

The way it's written you're absolutely negligent if you don't kick the ball when you've fumbled behind the LOS.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Feel like it was just last week I was told you can’t run through a player without getting a flag.

Chiefs just did it without going for the ball…or turning around…and nothing.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad