Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN (CBS Channel 4 in Buffalo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
  • Haha
Reactions: Matt Ress

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC

Tua is an idiot at this point. You made your money, retire while your brain still functions.
If I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe actually being smart? Maintain the line of football is life, get a handful of doctors to say what everyone knows - his brain is mush and he needs to stop playing - and get that guaranteed injury money. Or if not his full guarantee, a better angle on a settlement with the Dolphins.

Likely he DOES want to come back which is just, insane to me.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
If I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe actually being smart? Maintain the line of football is life, get a handful of doctors to say what everyone knows - his brain is mush and he needs to stop playing - and get that guaranteed injury money. Or if not his full guarantee, a better angle on a settlement with the Dolphins.

Likely he DOES want to come back which is just, insane to me.
Might just be a nothing burger. Everybody wants an answer NOW but he may want a few more weeks and consultations to truly make the decision. Then you have reporters bugging him non stop for a headline and so he naturally gives an open ended response to get them off his back.

Certainly not my place to tell him what to do but I would walk with generational wealth and still relatively good health. Players have walked with less money and less on the line. But I said the same thing about Okie who is riding it out.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Everybody here defended Okposo when he was doing the same thing, just pointing out how it changes if its not a player for our franchise.
There were a bunch of people here who wanted him to retire and were critical of him coming back. I was one, I get the game is their entire life but you can still be involved daily, with millions in the bank and not take brain shots every week

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
There were a bunch of people here who wanted him to retire and were critical of him coming back. I was one, I get the game is their entire life but you can still be involved daily, with millions in the bank and not take brain shots every week
I should of just said the majority, i always got backlash for making the same statement about him retiring.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Everybody here defended Okposo when he was doing the same thing, just pointing out how it changes if its not a player for our franchise.
I think there are plenty of people who thought Okposo (and for the Bills, Mitch Morse) SHOULD have retired, but respected their decision not to give up the thing they love.

Tua has the right to decide he wants to keep playing, just like those two, and the rest of us can absolutely think it's the wrong choice and just hope for the best.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Somehow can't decide which game to watch. Any suggestions?
Since I live in Buffalo and don't have Sunday Ticket (don't need it for the Bills), it really sucks, because we're stuck with a choice of Cowboys/Saints or Jets/Titans in the early slot.

Lions/Bucs is probably the best game, Colts/Packers could be interesting, some other games may be tight between less than good teams.

Reactions: Uberpecker

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Rodgers turning to a statue would be nice with how his line is handling things. Jets D line looks weaaak, too. Still early. Pray the trend continues.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Levis is pure chaos. Just shot himself and his team in the foot again by refusing to take the sack and get the FG team out for a chance to go up by 10

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Not impressed with the Jets at all in this game. If they were playing a good team they'd be down by multiple scores.

Rodgers lack of mobility has already cost him multiple times.

Jags aren't looking to impressive right now either.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for nothing Titans.
The Jets dont look like a threat at all. They have a long ways to go. Anything is possible, but I'm betting it's a WC or bust season for them. And once Rodgers is gone, they're right back on the dreaded ride known as the QB carousel.

The division looks very weak right now. Doesn't mean things can't change, but so far, so good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad