Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN (CBS Channel 4 in Buffalo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Given that TJ could have a broken forearm, I didn't think that this week was likely at all.

Two weeks to let the bone start the heal was the minimum expectation for me.
Let's hope the D line stays healthy. I think we'll be fine against JAX if the D line played like they did against MIA. The secondary seems to swarm the ball, and Benford/Rasul are phenomenal in zone coverage, which probably makes everyone's job easier. Let's just hope the injury bug is hitting early, and it's not a trend for things to come!

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Bernard/Johnson Officially Out Monday

1726695784975.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Let's hope the D line stays healthy. I think we'll be fine against JAX if the D line played like they did against MIA. The secondary seems to swarm the ball, and Benford/Rasul are phenomenal in zone coverage, which probably makes everyone's job easier. Let's just hope the injury bug is hitting early, and it's not a trend for things to come!
It's not just us. People point to the one less preseason game and how that keeps starters off the field and they make some pretty reasonable points.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Reactions: HOOats

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Why does PFF hate Buffalo's run block so much? About what I got out of this. O-line win rate is WILD
Cyrus has been so so, new center and LG, so it should get better as things go along.

Also of note on o-line Salc said that Grable is the Bill's swing tackle now over Van Denmark and the Bills like Van Denmark. Pretty interesting development for a 6th rounder.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotABadPeriod

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Is Benford a legit #1 CB in this league? I believe PFF has graded incredibly highly so far this season, but we all know to take their opinion with a grain of salt. I can't glue in on the guy during the game, so I'd love to know what others think. Also, here's a *supposedly* intersting piece on him. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

I think he's a one of the 10-15 best zone CBs in the NFL and a CB1.

That article was good - he's a dawg. He and Rasul are both grimey east coast city corners. Kind of refreshing in a league awash in southern guys.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I think he's a one of the 10-15 best zone CBs in the NFL and a CB1.

That article was good - he's a dawg. He and Rasul are both grimey east coast city corners. Kind of refreshing in a league awash in southern guys.

Bummer that Douglas is already 30. Thought he was a bit younger and we were kinda locked in there for a couple more years. Benford being 24 in two days is NICE though.

Crazy how we can swing and miss badly on Elam, but then hit a homer on Benford.

Maybe Elam is (or will be) startable but he's just not needed right now..

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOats

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The Sample size after two games is probably more going to be a statement on your opponents rather than the team itself. I'd probably wait till midseason to take these grades seriously.
And then, given it's PFF, I still wouldn't take the grades too seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad