NFL GDT: Week 2 - Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

There are two ways to get to the locker room and medical area. Sam Bradford, for instance, went a different route — through a tunnel in the southeast corner of the stadium — when he left the field and came back in the middle of the game following what looked to be some trouble with his left hand.

Peterson, a Viking spokesman confirmed Monday, said he didn’t want to be put on a cart. Since his mobility was limited (unlike Bradford), the Vikings’ medical staff decided to take him off the field via the shortest route possible, which was through the Delta Club. Time was of the essence, of course — though as it turns out, he did not return and was slated to undergo an MRI on Monday morning.

http://www.startribune.com/what-was-up-with-adrian-petersons-limp-through-the-delta-club/393985141/

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
last year packers offense struggles could be (mostly) explained on factors other than rodgers.

but in this first 2 games he's flat out missed on throws that he usually connect with ease and hasn't made those tight window throws. many issues with that offense are probably no fixed from last year but rodgers isn't really helping matters either. they should do better if he played at elite level.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Rodgers has always been super dependent on his physical talent. He's 32 now and has taken a lot of hits over the last couple years. I believe he's taken 50+ sacks in three different seasons. If this was the beginning of a sharp decline, I wouldn't be surprised. He needs to evolve his game if he wants to play more than 4-5 more seasons.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
last year packers offense struggles could be (mostly) explained on factors other than rodgers.

but in this first 2 games he's flat out missed on throws that he usually connect with ease and hasn't made those tight window throws. many issues with that offense are probably no fixed from last year but rodgers isn't really helping matters either. they should do better if he played at elite level.

After Nelson went down last year we heard, "Rodgers can make anyone look good." When Adams and others proved that wrong, the talk about his weapons started. It'll probably be more of the same this season while they struggle.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Rodgers has always been super dependent on his physical talent. He's 32 now and has taken a lot of hits over the last couple years. I believe he's taken 50+ sacks in three different seasons. If this was the beginning of a sharp decline, I wouldn't be surprised. He needs to evolve his game if he wants to play more than 4-5 more seasons.

he has but it's not like they are hits that cam newton takes. still, better not to take them.

now that i think of it, he hasn't been the same since injuring his leg in '14. yeah they won their 6 first games last season but it wasn't the best aaron rodgers in those games either.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Aside from Rodgers struggles, the schemes suck. The receivers run iso routes but aren't quick or athletic enough to beat press man to man. They need to run more bunch and stack sets, get these dudes open.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Aside from Rodgers struggles, the schemes suck. The receivers run iso routes but aren't quick or athletic enough to beat press man to man. They need to run more bunch and stack sets, get these dudes open.

Yeah, it's really confusing what they're doing. Where are the routes across the middle with Cobb where he has a change to turn 5 yards into 25? Every catch Adams or Nelson attempt to make are contested catches and it's hard to move an offense like that. Very strange.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Its McCarthy being stuck in his WCO roots. A true WCO will not work in the modern NFL. Too many athletes on defense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Minnesota's defense is elite. So credit goes to them.

PI-NFL-Zimmer-Mike-thumbs-up-082314.vresize.330.186.high.87.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Remember I told you Anthony Barr would be elite. Better than Clowney, more versatile than Mack.

I do remember that. Good call.

I was unsure of that pick because all we heard prior to the draft was that he's a boom or bust guy and probably best suited to rush off the edge. Now two years into his career and he's one of the best all around LBs in the game.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Eagles game plan was perfect for Wentz last week. They moved the launch point, spread the field when doing drop backs (so the defense can't disguise coverages), blocked well and ran the ball.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I do remember that. Good call.

I was unsure of that pick because all we heard prior to the draft was that he's a boom or bust guy and probably best suited to rush off the edge. Now two years into his career and he's one of the best all around LBs in the game.

He can play any role you need. Speaks to how coachable he is and how smart he is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sean McDonough is just not a fit for MNF

He has the charisma/personality of a cactus. No chemistry here with Gruden

I was going to say the same thing. People seem to like him and maybe I'll get used to him but I'm not a fan so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad