NFL GDT: Week 2 - Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Rodgers has lost a bit of zip or is it me?

Got this from Reddit, he hasn't hit 300 yards since week 10 in the 2015 season, hasn't thrown for 3 TDs since week 9, fewer than 200 yards in his last 4 out of 6 games and now completed less than 60% of passes in 6 out of his last 7 games.

Something seems to be up. Weather it's Rodgers or the offense overall.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Very impressed with Bradford's game tonight. Only with the team barely over 2 weeks and he made some great throws tonight to Diggs and Rudolph on TDs.

Vikings are looking like they could be NFC contenders.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Loved seeing Diggs put on a show in the national game for all to see. He's so damn good and only getting better.

Bradford had a great game but I'm not sure how long he'll last behind that OL. Kalil got beat like a drum once again. Awful performance by the OL.

Rough night for Waynes but at least there was some redemption at the end. Maybe I'm just being a homer but as bad as he was, there appears to a lot of fixable things there. He was in position for the most part, he just needs to turn his head quicker and keep his hands to himself. It's not like he was repeatedly getting beat.

I hope Peterson isn't seriously hurt but even if he is, I think the Vikings will be fine. I know most analysts will say they might be done without him but I'm not so sure about that. Like Diggs, McKinnon has the potential to be really good and we might finally get to see that now.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Loved seeing Diggs put on a show in the national game for all to see. He's so damn good and only getting better.

Bradford had a great game but I'm not sure how long he'll last behind that OL. Kalil got beat like a drum once again. Awful performance by the OL.

Rough night for Waynes but at least there was some redemption at the end. Maybe I'm just being a homer but as bad as he was, there appears to a lot of fixable things there. He was in position for the most part, he just needs to turn his head quicker and keep his hands to himself. It's not like he was repeatedly getting beat.

I hope Peterson isn't seriously hurt but even if he is, I think the Vikings will be fine. I know most analysts will say they might be done without him but I'm not so sure about that. Like Diggs, McKinnon has the potential to be really good and we might finally get to see that now.

Unlike past seasons the team's success even with AP healthy seems to be more reliant on the QB-Diggs connection. Diggs has been the MVP on offense for the past two games by far. Even with the stupid penalty tonight he was the guy out there. If there's an important catch to be made, Diggs has made it. So awesome. Agree about the O-Line, poor Bradford is getting smoked back there. Something needs to be done or we'll be back to some Webb caliber QB :rant:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
****ing McCarthy man

Take the ****ing field goal!! Like the ****** he is though he goes for it on 4th down

Take the points whine you're up against great defense like that. ****ing idiot

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Rodgers is seeing ghosts, missing reads and making poor throws. Almost feels like someone needs to come in and clean up his game like McCarthy did with Favre. I wonder if they had a singular owner if Thompson/McCarthy would feel heat.
Honestly, McCarthy should have been released long ago. He's made so many boneheaded decisions during his tenure.

If it wasn't for him having Rodgers as his QB he would have been fired by now

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
My Packers observations thru 2 weeks...basically same thing for last 3 years...OL and DL need upgrades...and Randall is not ready for primetime, would have been a much different game if Shields was in there...

Haven't drafted horribly, I've liked most of GBP's picks the last few years, but they aren't panning out that well...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Oline and Dline aren't the issues in GB. A lot of the sacks they give up are due to Rodgers holding the ball. They haven't added any speed or explosive element to their offense for a while. They don't scare anyone.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Kind of a bad tweet (I haven't seen a single person blaming Norman -- just how he's used), but the article does a decent job of pointing out what we already know. But it seems as though Washington might finally be getting it.

Washington began the season with Norman at LCB and Bashaud Breeland at RCB. They clearly felt that their duo was good enough to just line up and win one-on-one against the offense, and because of that, they haven’t incorporated any of the schematic wrinkles into the defense that Seattle does because of what Sherman allows them to do. Instead, the Redskins simply ran their defense as if they had just taken it out of the box and expected it to work. Breeland—talented though he is—just isn’t quite good enough to live with receivers as destructive as Brown and Bryant, and while Norman has been perfect against that pair, Breeland has been eaten alive. He surrendered 113 yards and two scores to Brown on Week 1, and had allowed four catches for 57 yards to Bryant before the team decided they needed to make a change.

From that point, Norman was asked to start following Bryant. When the fourth quarter opened, Norman was lined up one-on-one against the Cowboys’ top WR on the right side of the defense, a departure from his usual spot on the left. Strangely, there was no straw that broke the camel’s back to cause the change—the team just decided to make the switch heading into the final period.

In the final quarter of the game, Norman lined up across from Bryant on 13 snaps, 11 of which came on the right side of the defense. There were only three snaps in which Bryant was on the field that Norman didn’t follow him in the final period, as well as two snaps for which Bryant wasn’t on the field at all.

Bryant had seven catches for 102 yards in the game, but only one of those catches came in the final quarter—and that was on one of the three snaps where Norman was not lined up across from him.

Cousins hasn't been good, but their pass defense has been pretty awful on top of it. Using Norman to the best of his abilities can help mitigate some of that.

Interestingly, next up is the showdown with Odell Beckham. Let's see if he shadows him.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Cousins is atrocious right now. Teams are making him hold the ball (which he doesn't want to do) and forcing him to find secondary progressions.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I guess if the Jags fire Bradley, they'd promote Marrone. Gus Bradley has the 2nd worst winning % in NFL history.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Oline and Dline aren't the issues in GB. A lot of the sacks they give up are due to Rodgers holding the ball. They haven't added any speed or explosive element to their offense for a while. They don't scare anyone.

He's holding onto the ball for so long because of your second point.. there's no speed and as I mentioned they can't get open. Jordy Nelson is much slower than he was before the injury, at least as of now. Cobb either has lost a step of quickness or they aren't using him the same as before. Adams might be athletic on paper but he is never open - I would have to look at the all-22 but I assume he is not running routes well enough to separate. They have the slowest backfield in the league.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He's holding onto the ball for so long because of your second point.. there's no speed and as I mentioned they can't get open. Jordy Nelson is much slower than he was before the injury, at least as of now. Cobb either has lost a step of quickness or they aren't using him the same as before. Adams might be athletic on paper but he is never open - I would have to look at the all-22 but I assume he is not running routes well enough to separate. They have the slowest backfield in the league.

And that falls on Ted Thompson. Rodgers is not himself though. Anyone with eyes can see that.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Could it be the age factor? Rodgers used to do a lot of running, and slinging it on the run.

From what i saw last night, he looked slower than he did in his prime. Balls don't have the same zip, he can't seem to outrun the defense anymore either.

Still, for a guy with an IQ like his, he can likely adjust to these changes, even if it takes a while.

That being said, the Vikings defense should get a bit of credit too. Basically won them both of their games, even with Bradford being great last night.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Let's say he is regressing, it shows how good he has been since he took over in 2008. He has masked many deficiencies the Packers front office and coaching staff has failed to address. If he doesnt get back to his play from 2008-2014, these deficiencies will be magnified. He was shaky in their 1-2 start two years ago, and that is when he told everyone to r-e-l-a-x and he ended up being the MVP they nearly made the Super Bowl.

They are 1-1, and have 4 straight home games against the Lions, Giants, Cowboys, and Bears. At worst they should go 3-1. If he continues this type of play through those games, I think it would be time to question him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad