NFL GDT: Week 2 - Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
bit of an anticlimactic week after every game went down to the wire last week

Still the denver-indy, atlanta-oakland games were overall pretty good

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Florio says players on the Redskins are already frustrated with Cousins. Haha.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Florio says players on the Redskins are already frustrated with Cousins. Haha.

They will have to deal with it

No other option (Unless they really want Colt McCoy as #1)

Going to have to see if Cousins settles down and finds his game from last year or if he continues to regress

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
ahhhh, russell will be back

He's got to be better in the pocket.

Is there a pocket for him to throw?

Kind of wonder about their draft selections over the past 4 years.

Never found that dominant WR. This group lacks that big physical guy. Kearse is their biggest WR. Too many smaller guys in Baldwin, lockett, Richardson.

Plus, didn't address that o-line, when clearly Carpenter wasn't living up to his potential and unger and okung suffered nagging injuries that kept them out for 3 or so games a year.

Gambled on Graham, at the cost of unger.

A top level QB can still do well with weaker weapons but a solid offensive line. Better than having very good weapons and below average o line.

Seattle's defense is still very good, but not dominant. They give up yards but stiffen to limit points. Thus, the poor field position for the offense. Had a couple of chances to flip field position but could come through. Allowed the rams to get a couple of first downs and flip the field. Have to come up big and get a 3 and out on one of those possessions to get the offense a shorter field.

Against a strong defensive front, bevell needed to call quick passes and mix in some screens.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Saints played great defense today, but you can't defend against the referees too unfortunately. 0-2, should be 2-0 except for horrible biased officiating.

That may be a stretch. They gave up a ton of yards and were helped by two amateur hour fumbles. Otherwise it's at least a 30-16 game. The Eli sack and fumble I'm not going I downplay but the other two were just awful and not really aided in any form by the D

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
So NBC found something for Tirico to do.

Apparently Will Fuller is the first 1st round WR to have 100 receiving yards in each of his first 2 career games.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
That may be a stretch. They gave up a ton of yards and were helped by two amateur hour fumbles. Otherwise it's at least a 30-16 game. The Eli sack and fumble I'm not going I downplay but the other two were just awful and not really aided in any form by the D

Other than the fact that they clearly punched the ball out on both fumbles, OK....

they conceded the yards and played two deep safeties because their starting CB's are no. 6 and 7 on the depth chart. Part of that strategy is getting multiple hats on the ball after the catch which invariably leads to fumbles.

Whatever team you root for doesn't matter, these bad PI calls late are changing the outcomes of games, not that league has much integrity left anyway.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Since NBC started SNF in 2006, the Browns, Raiders, Bills, Bucaneers, and Rams have only appeared once. I only remember when the Rams played Seattle for the NFC west.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Since NBC started SNF in 2006, the Browns, Raiders, Bills, Bucaneers, and Rams have only appeared once. I only remember when the Rams played Seattle for the NFC west.

I definitely remember a Rams/Giants game several years ago. Long enough that Bradford was their QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad