NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's such a tough one. We have watched Lawrence have great games and make impressive drives in big moments.
Shows you how hard the science of quarterbacks is. Nobody thought Lawrence wouldn't be a franchise QB. Not many thought Bryce Young would be this bad.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So did we with Eli lol
Eli will forever be my GOAT for deciding to revert to being Rain Man but only when he faced Tom Brady. I'm all for preserving the integrity of sports hall of fames but god dammit, put him in just to cause the heads of Pats fans to spontaneously combust.

(mostly kidding)

Eli is a pretty apt comparison for T-Law though.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Shows you how hard the science of quarterbacks is. Nobody thought Lawrence wouldn't be a franchise QB. Not many thought Bryce Young would be this bad.

I had concerns about his size and arm, but didn't expect it to be this bad, is it really him or is it the team as a whole? Can he be serviceable on the right team? Is there a right team not named Alabama?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Eli will forever be my GOAT for deciding to revert to being Rain Man but only when he faced Tom Brady. I'm all for preserving the integrity of sports hall of fames but god dammit, put him in just to cause the heads of Pats fans to spontaneously combust.

(mostly kidding)

Eli is a pretty apt comparison for T-Law though.

He was an okay starter and I don't particularly have a problem if folks want to put him in for the narrative (and he was genuinely great in '11) as all in all he was mid-tier starter for a very long time. But much like Eli, Lawrence puts up way too many pedestrian performances to justify him despite the different playing styles.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That didn't look good for Brissett...probably going to see Maye eventually at this rate. Brissett getting hit a lot.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I had concerns about his size and arm, but didn't expect it to be this bad, is it really him or is it the team as a whole? Can he be serviceable on the right team? Is there a right team not named Alabama?
I think he could have been serviceable but the Panthers ruined that. At this point. He needs a year relearning but it won't happen

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For those who didn't bother checking, this whole "Niners can't win in Minnesota" thing stretches all the way back to December of 1992.

That's the last time they actually beat the Vikings at home.

• Wow
Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad