NFL GDT: Week 1: The Road to Immortality Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not sure what to make of Tom Brady

His mic is pretty quiet.

He’s still feeling it out
Doesn't sound too bad considering they didn't do a preseason game on-air.

From what I've heard so far, I wouldn't think this is the first game he's ever done.

Reactions: Bocephus86

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Is it just me or is Tom Brady nervous as hell doing this job. I know it will take some time, but I feel like Greg Olsen was a natural almost instantly but Tom seems to just not say much at all. He's one of the best QBs of all time. Start from there and everything else will come. It just makes the broadcast a little awkward.

Reactions: Breakers and Tryamw

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Don’t disagree about Lawrence but not sure I agree with the Alex Smith comparison?

Smith was a major disappointment / borderline bust his first 5-6 seasons, and then became an effective and often underappreciated QB in the back half of his career before his broken leg. Can’t remember a time he was really hyped, even as a #1 pick.
Hyped like Smith probably wasn't the right term, just that Lawrence reminds me of Smith in every way possible. Such an underwhelming QB for all the hype Lawrence got as potentially the next big thing.

Reactions: Tryamw

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Brady sounds a bit hesitant and maybe just trying to get comfortable. Very laid back with an excessive use of the circle to highlight Parsons on every rushing down.

I bet he's going to be really good at this and soon.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad