NFL GDT: Week 1: The Road to Immortality Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Belichick got worst tree in NFL history. And quite frankly, there is reasonable suspicion that Flores and McDaniels sabotaged their teams for Bill instead of piloting them to win. Denver and Miami having a serviceable QB only to be destroyed(Cutler) or attempted to be destroyed(Tua) happened in both situations.

No there isn't, this is blatantly stupid.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They did get 3 shots at the endzone at the end (missed Likely in the left corner on first down), so it wasn't an issue.
A lot of time did come off getting that first down play in, but like others have said if they clock it they have 20 some seconds left and the same 3 attempts.

Feels like the OC and HC during practice and pre season should have a play ready, be it a fade or something that they call which gives them a shot at the end zone when they have a running clock late in the game. Uses only a couple more seconds compared to a clock play but gives them a chance at the end zone. If they could have saved like 3 seconds it would have given them another attempt on 4th down.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Belichick got worst tree in NFL history. And quite frankly, there is reasonable suspicion that Flores and McDaniels sabotaged their teams for Bill instead of piloting them to win. Denver and Miami having a serviceable QB only to be destroyed(Cutler) or attempted to be destroyed(Tua) happened in both situations.
Flores won a pile of games when the owner was trying to tank the team, that's a weird sabotage.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
NFL fun fact of the day: Zeke Elliott is entering his 9th NFL season, and in every season so far, his yards per game has gone down from the previous season.

Apparently, he set a record for doing this seven seasons in a row and is going to put the record out of reach when this season makes it nine in a row.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lamar missed a few throws (biggest being missing likely in the endzone at the end) but he was the furthest thing from the problem for the ravens. he looked like 2019 lamar on the ground

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
lamar missed a few throws (biggest being missing likely in the endzone at the end) but he was the furthest thing from the problem for the ravens. he looked like 2019 lamar on the ground
He took a few unnecessary hits tonight. Could have sacrificed a yard or two on a few runs to prevent taking a hit.

He also got lucky with a deep shot in the 3rd Q that didn't get intercepted by the KC CB. Landed right in his arms at like the 5 and he dropped it.

Harbaugh and Monken need to get their 2 minute drill down in terms of go to plays in late game situations. Way too much time came off the clock after the big first down to Bateman before they got the next play off to Likely. No one wants to waste a down but unless you have a quick play to get you either a few yards or a shot to the end zone and maybe you convert on a fade or maybe draw a PI, but at least you given yourself a chance vs just wasting the play, might have been better to clock it and get reorganized and have the same 3 shots to the end zone.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since I dont have Peacock (Not paying for another streaming service) will not see game tonight

I hope its a boring and poor produced game that gets a ton of ridicule directed at NBC

Probably wont happen though

Reactions: John Price

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He took a few unnecessary hits tonight. Could have sacrificed a yard or two on a few runs to prevent taking a hit.

He also got lucky with a deep shot in the 3rd Q that didn't get intercepted by the KC CB. Landed right in his arms at like the 5 and he dropped it.

Harbaugh and Monken need to get their 2 minute drill down in terms of go to plays in late game situations. Way too much time came off the clock after the big first down to Bateman before they got the next play off to Likely. No one wants to waste a down but unless you have a quick play to get you either a few yards or a shot to the end zone and maybe you convert on a fade or maybe draw a PI, but at least you given yourself a chance vs just wasting the play, might have been better to clock it and get reorganized and have the same 3 shots to the end zone.
i'm hoping he only ran that much because of the bright lights/big matchup. he looked outstanding on the ground but he won't make it through the season if he runs that much

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i'm hoping he only ran that much because of the bright lights/big matchup. he looked outstanding on the ground but he won't make it through the season if he runs that much
Running is fine but need to avoid hits when possible. Once you get as much as you can or the first down get down. Unless the contact is necessary to convert a first down best to not get hit at all.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I thought Lamar played alright enough. 400+ yards of total offense, he still managed to get the Ravens into position to score with no time outs and hardly any time left.

He claims he missed Flowers on that play late because he was looking at Bateman but tried to adjust last second. Chris Jones also caused him to panic. Which makes sense because for some reason, the Ravens willingly chose to leave Jones to be blocked by Hill on his own?

There was a lot more to be concerned about; Like Baltimore's o-line being horrendous and the fact Lamar is running more reckless. You can't be eating some of the shots he did and expect to play 17 games.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Baltimore needs to rework that offensive line, also give Henry the ball more. Let’s see how they do in week 2 against my Raiders.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lamar is just useless. Should have kicked the FG on 3rd down. There is no way that waste is going to complete a pass of more than 3 yards.

Your Lamar Jackson hate is just like my Darren Waller hate, except Lamar can flat out ball while Waller was as useless as pine tar.

Lamar played well enough to win last night, he ain’t to scrub like Waller.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
It was only week 1 and the Chiefs have a solid defense so I wouldn't be overly concerned with the Ravens just yet, I'm sure they will hit their stride, though I agree with others, having Lamar run so much is not ideal, 7-10 carries a game is one thing but 15+ will likely get him worn down and dinged up

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’d be shocked if Lamar plays the way he played last night - from a running perspective - on a consistent basis. That seemed like a guy who didn’t trust his protection and had no one consistently getting open aside from Likely. You also can’t convince me he wasn’t doing a little bit extra to try and send a message to the Chiefs. I don’t think you’ll see him lowering his shoulder for that extra yard against the Raiders of all teams.

Lamar was a long way away from the reason they lost that game, even aside from missing Flowers late.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It was only week 1 and the Chiefs have a solid defense so I wouldn't be overly concerned with the Ravens just yet, I'm sure they will hit their stride, though I agree with others, having Lamar run so much is not ideal, 7-10 carries a game is one thing but 15+ will likely get him worn down and dinged up
The carries weren't the problem imo. He generally doesn't run 15+ times.

The real problem is where those carries were going. Lamar was doing draws and other runs that take him away from the safety of the sideline to the point he ate a couple big hits. Some of which he lowered the shoulder on.

Cam Newton's career essentially ended doing the same, difference is Lamar doesn't have the size or bulk to withstand that type of contact in the slightest.

Nothing to panic over yet imo since it felt like that ravens were throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck trying to adapt to the Chiefs defense.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
No there isn't, this is blatantly stupid.
What is stupid is selecting Tim Tebow in the first round and ranking him that high in the first place when supposed, the guy has been around Tom Brady. Then prior to that, wanting Kyle Orton. And the Broncos did eliminate the Patriots in 2006, so it wasn't like they were a non-threat.

And if you do want to die on your horse of gullibility, Flores and McDaniels remain grossly incompetent and poorly trained, which puts into question Belichick's actual ability in managing a team or passing down some form of talent evaluation.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I thought Lamar played alright enough. 400+ yards of total offense, he still managed to get the Ravens into position to score with no time outs and hardly any time left.

He claims he missed Flowers on that play late because he was looking at Bateman but tried to adjust last second. Chris Jones also caused him to panic. Which makes sense because for some reason, the Ravens willingly chose to leave Jones to be blocked by Hill on his own?

There was a lot more to be concerned about; Like Baltimore's o-line being horrendous and the fact Lamar is running more reckless. You can't be eating some of the shots he did and expect to play 17 games.
on the last couple plays, lamar shifted the protection left for some reason which left jones 1 on 1 with hill. not sure what he was thinking there

the o-line is a big issue though. really don't get why that wasn't addressed in the offseason. i don't expect lamar to be running that often or as recklessly as he was last night though. that was for sure because of the matchup and wanting to make a statement

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
What is stupid is selecting Tim Tebow in the first round and ranking him that high in the first place when supposed, the guy has been around Tom Brady. Then prior to that, wanting Kyle Orton. And the Broncos did eliminate the Patriots in 2006, so it wasn't like they were a non-threat.

And if you do want to die on your horse of gullibility, Flores and McDaniels remain grossly incompetent and poorly trained, which puts into question Belichick's actual ability in managing a team or passing down some form of talent evaluation.

Belicheck assistants just made coffee in the morning, the ‘coaching’ was just Bill coaching defense, Tom running the offense and his assistants farting and making poop jokes in the coaches room.

None of those penile leakages did anything once they reached to head coaching status, Matt Patricia had a personality of a bowl of Corn Pops while Brian Flores became just another angry man yelling at the clouds.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Both teams had 12 players on the field they must think they are playing in the CFL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad