NFL: 2024-25 NFL News, Notes, Other Probably Dumb Stuff and the Like

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Huh. I wonder what the Steelers and/or the Raiders will do now. I had him penciled in on one of those teams next season.

I can't see any way the Steelers would fork over the money that it would have taken to get Dak, I'm pretty sure Patrick Queen is their biggest free agent signing ever and that was 13 mil a year

I'm gonna guess it will be one of either Russ or Fields, or maybe an outsider like a Daniel Jones, but nothing really splashy

Reactions: Romang67

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
That guy is a holder over form the Dan Snyder era, he about to get fired.
That doesn't make it any less of a joke though. He's also only worked there for 4 years so he was part of the Snyder era for maybe two years.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Interesting because theoretically all the games I would need to watch are through the antenna here. By NFL rules all Washington games must be aired on local TV even if it's on ESPN or NFL Network or Prime

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

You know, I was just thinking how the Panthers had gotten off easy lately. Good to see them face some adversity.

On a serious note, when I watched their games last season, I thought Brown was by far the best player on their team almost every game. This is a huge blow for a team that really didn't need more of them.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
What a joke. Everything he said is most likely true. Trash reporter for a trash media outlet.

Did you read the article and what the employee said?

"over 50% of our roster is white religious, and God says, 'F--- the gays.' Their interpretation. I don't buy any of that. Another big chunk is low-income African Americans that comes from a community that is inherently very homophobic."

He stereotyped the black players on the team too...

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Did you read the article and what the employee said?

"over 50% of our roster is white religious, and God says, 'F--- the gays.' Their interpretation. I don't buy any of that. Another big chunk is low-income African Americans that comes from a community that is inherently very homophobic."

He stereotyped the black players on the team too...
Yeah, he's using stereotypes but they're pretty accurate stereotypes. I personally don't find those comments to be offensive. It's one thing if he posted these comments online but he said them in a private conversation on a date.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, he's using stereotypes but they're pretty accurate stereotypes. I personally don't find those comments to be offensive. It's one thing if he posted these comments online but he said them in a private conversation on a date.

Sucks for him that he got suckered on a fake date by a shitty organization, might be why he was suspended and not outright fired.

Doesn't matter that it was private, i'd think anyone else in any other org made same comments they'd have been let go if they came to light

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Sucks for him that he got suckered on a fake date by a shitty organization, might be why he was suspended and not outright fired.

Doesn't matter that it was private, i'd think anyone else in any other org made same comments they'd have been let go if they came to light
Yeah, I'd expect him to be punished either way even if I don't agree with it. The reporter is trash for doing that though.

Reactions: Peat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I'd expect him to be punished either way even if I don't agree with it. The reporter is trash for doing that though.
There are lots of people within a football operation. Just wonder how far along he was with revamping the higher level people in the barely 1 year he's owned the team. Probably the focus was getting ride of the really long term Synder people first (10 years or more), then down the line from that.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure if this is the thread to discuss the Brady color commentary, but I watch the first half and just a bit of the second half. I would say that it was what I expected. Brady, in long format shows, is fantastic. But, that's completely different than doing color during a game where your info has to come out in 15 second chunks. Basically, Brady is best on a YouTube video that runs a few to several minutes vs a 30 second TikTokk.
Think he will get better, as he's dedicated and will take criticism from those who offer it constructively to him.

But, I think his ownership of the Raiders is going to present issues where it would not go over well with other ownership groups if he lays into their players despite him doing so in the role of a color guy. That's why I think the NFL was correct in not allowing him to own a piece of the Raiders if he was doing tv. Think his commentary will suffer as he straggles the fence of trying to be insightful, entertaining, critical with being PC and not ruffling other owners.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

he went from thinking he might get laid, to getting laid off

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
FB_IMG_1725943666457.jpg

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Huh. I wonder what the Steelers and/or the Raiders will do now. I had him penciled in on one of those teams next season.

I can't see any way the Steelers would fork over the money that it would have taken to get Dak, I'm pretty sure Patrick Queen is their biggest free agent signing ever and that was 13 mil a year

I'm gonna guess it will be one of either Russ or Fields, or maybe an outsider like a Daniel Jones, but nothing really splashy

+1ing Unholy Diver here. Khan's been a budget shopper despite having a potentially big budget. A potentially franchise altering QB when they've still got Watt might have changed that... might.

Imo the Steelers are going to draft a QB by 2026 at latest and will use scrapheap guys to get them through until that draft pick is ready.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I see that Bills fans are still crying that he didn't get an MVP he didn't deserve. The Bills and Allen were fairly inconsistent last season. Just because Allen gets his number called the instant they're inside the 5 doesn't mean he was better than Jackson. He wasn't.
What like twice as many TDs?
Your boy didn't deserve it .
[Actually CMC did ]
Pics still funny , if not accurate.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What like twice as many TDs?
Your boy didn't deserve it .
[Actually CMC did ]
Pics still funny , if not accurate.

He didn't deserve it yet was a vote away from unanimous. Right. Allen ended the year with 44 total TDs (18 picks and 4 fumbles lost) with some big moments and some really stupid moments while Jackson finished the year with 31 total TDs (7 picks, 6 fumbles lost) while him and his team ran roughshod over the entire league (with him as the clear best player) and he lit up every one on prime time. He was also the leading rusher on the best rushing attack in the league. I wouldn't have batted an eye at CMC either but Allen over Jackson would have been stupid. But they rarely give it a to a RB when the QB's got the entire program in his hands on every play, double moreso with Jackson because he's the key rusher as well. Don't forget that the Ravens would automatically give it to Gus Edwards inside the 3-5 last year for an automatic score. I don't think Jackson calling his own number in those moments to add to his stats makes any difference to how influential he was on the field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad