NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Spencer Rattler showing out nice but dude is tiny out there. Scored a touchdown and put together a drive to set up a winning field goal

I think there will be some Rattler this year. Carr is going to get beat up behind this line. He can't move and add to that he sucks.. The offense seems to be as disjointed a mess as you will see..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And the other is literally from a game played yesterday.

The criticisms are valid, but it doesn’t change what Daniel does, which is attempt to run ahead of the tailwinds. While it may not have been a given at the end of last season, he made a ridiculous claim about Fields who the Bears were clearly moving on from. He did it with Derek Carr, as the Saints blew out their entire offensive staff. He wanted to do it with Zach Wilson but Wilson made it impossible. His X’s and O’s are fine, but he’s a try-hard who wants to be another Dan Orlovsky.

I think there will be some Rattler this year. Carr is going to get beat up behind this line. He can't move and add to that he sucks.. The offense seems to be as disjointed a mess as you will see..
The Saints are more than due to take it on the chin and have a 10-loss season which somehow hasn’t happened in forever. I believe it’s the longest streak in the NFC, and only behind the Steelers, which is apt because they’re basically the NFC version of them. Their OL isn’t that good, sounds like Penning is a bust (big shock taking projects in round 1). Their best pass rusher is 35. I have no idea what happens if Kamara gets hurt. Unless Klint Kubiak becomes god, there is no path. Time to get positioned to draft a QB.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trey Lance threw 41 passes and couldn’t get to 200 yards? Or the end zone?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yards per attempt is a telling stat. Under 5 yards per attempt.

Bo Nix went 15/21 for 125. That’s also under 5 yards per attempt. Nothing spectacular but efficient at least.

One thing to play terrible for a highly drafted QB, but the guy isn’t good enough to get onto the field.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
What was it that drew teams to him in college? There had to be something.
Athleticism and good arm. I think people generally underestimate how difficult it is to know if a college QB can process the game. Did Lance run after 1 or at most 2 reads because he couldn't get through all his reads, or because he was the most athletic guy on the field? Same thing with Justin Fields, except he didn't run that much in college, so there were more indications that his processing was slow.

It's interesting how little Lance uses his deep ball though. That was a strength in college. I feel like he's been turned into a slowly processing game manager, which just seems weird. Might be because of the injuries.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

IMG_0345.jpeg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It seems like he’s getting worse from when he was drafted. Just on instinct he should heave some balls deep, even if they’re not caught.

He needs to go play spring football. If there’s any hope at all.
man. Only 5 of 41 passes that traveled past 15 yards and only 7 that went 10 yards plus? Darn... For a guy going into his 4th season? Lance won't get enough games to even get work as a Backup QB over the next few years. Even the likes of Mullens and Bethread got starts in SF and continue to get backup jobs in the NFL.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
“It’s a new beginning, a new chapter for me,” Reddick said.

“I get to come here, be around some great players... I’m happy. I’m looking forward to it. I’m looking forward to getting out there in front of the fans and just showing what I have to bring as an asset to the team.”

“Contractual stuff, I’m leaving that up to my agent and (Jets GM) Joe (Douglas) to figure out,” he said. “But whatever happens, I’m going to happy for it, I’m going to give my all, no matter what. That’s just who I am as a person. No matter how it goes, how many years, I’m going to be here for however long I’m here for and I’m going to give the team, the fans, everything that I have.”
New beginnings end almost as fast as they start, evidentially.

This is also on the Jets to be fair. You trade for a guy who wants a new contract...and you proceed to not give him a new contract?

I get it, Reddick's demands are a bit much given he's a speed rusher on the verge of turning 30. So then don't trade for the guy, idiots.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
man. Only 5 of 41 passes that traveled past 15 yards and only 7 that went 10 yards plus? Darn... For a guy going into his 4th season? Lance won't get enough games to even get work as a Backup QB over the next few years. Even the likes of Mullens and Bethread got starts in SF and continue to get backup jobs in the NFL.
That's the thing. He has three preseason games to show the rest of the league he deserves a shot because he's a UFA when the season ends. If he came out of these three games lighting teams up, there's a good chance someone throws a surprising number at him in the off-season.

But playing ultra safe and being inaccurate on most of the few real shots he took.... He looks like a guy whose career is already almost over.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Laugh all you want - they're still a Playoff team. :nod:
So are the Dolphins.

Would you like to take a guess where both teams will be come Super Bowl Sunday? I know your sub room temperature IQ as a cowboys fan makes it a bit tougher but i'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

Fun fact: blanks is also something Jerry Jones is familiar with every time he looks at the trophy case with the post 1995 label

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Apparently the Panthers were almost involved in a disastrous event that would have sent shockwaves through not just their team, but the entire league last week.

But then they decided to sit Bryce Young for the first preseason game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00