Website up for a new professional 3-on-3 league, Major League Hockey

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Some of the most fun I’ve ever had playing hockey was in a 3 on 3 summer league. I’ll check it out for sure.
I'm sure that lot's of people can list activities they had a ton of fun doing but there would be zero interest in people watching it.

The under 6'6" basketball league comes to mind.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm sure that lot's of people can list activities they had a ton of fun doing but there would be zero interest in people watching it.

The under 6'6" basketball league comes to mind.
i would love to go to a live game. If we had a pro 3v3 league in the summertime I would for sure go. I get the reservations and I doubt it would be very popular. But, I would personally enjoy it.

Reactions: wetcoast

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
  • Scheduled to start in ~4 months.
  • No announced teams.
  • Somehow already had a draft?
  • Still looking to hire 'experienced executives and coaches in select markets'.
  • Literally *nobody* talking about it up till now save for Steve Dangle once.
I mean, I can't see anything wrong with this plan.
It does seem weird that they’re supposed to start in a few months and we don’t even know the team names, the cities, arenas etc

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Bond

May 10, 2012
It does seem weird that they’re supposed to start in a few months and we don’t even know the team names, the cities, arenas etc
I still don’t think this will take off at all but launch in fall 24 could just mean an exhibition game

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Professional shinny hockey? 3 on 3 might be exciting for 5 minutes of sudden death but I can see it getting really old fast watching it over and over again. It will like watching teams practicing offense. Almost no defense or physical play. Next up, the professional hockey shootout out league.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Holy shit where is this?

I would be really good (I wouldn't).
It's not around any more and I went and saw a game in Vancouver some 25 ish years ago maybe even before that.

It was extremely quick but quite different from an NBA game.

Anyways I don't see much happening with this league other than a website.

tabness

GUCCY 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
to be honest with the wussification of actual hockey it may make more sense to check out 3v3 if the only thing left to see is speed and skill

Reactions: Amorgus

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
  • Scheduled to start in ~4 months.
  • No announced teams.
  • Somehow already had a draft?
  • Still looking to hire 'experienced executives and coaches in select markets'.
  • Literally *nobody* talking about it up till now save for Steve Dangle once.
I mean, I can't see anything wrong with this plan.
:laugh: Seriously. There is so many red flags going on, this is going to be an absolute FAILURE.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If I created an entertaining 3v3 league I would try to reduce stoppages of play as much as possible.

Get rid of blue lines - no icing calls. No coaches challenge. More delay of game penalties. Penalty for shooting the puck out anywhere on the ice, including the benches. No hand pass calls. Goalies can't smother the puck - they have to move it.

No trapezoid.

No linesman. 3 refs.

Players can kick the puck in the net as long as they keep their skate blade on the ice.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
It’d be a tough sell for goalies lol. Best sv% will probably end up being like .865.

Each team can pick 3 “world class players”. Here is my ideal top 3:

Sven Bartschi, Jeremy Bracco, Ryan Merkley

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad