Website up for a new professional 3-on-3 league, Major League Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Can you imagine 60 minutes of watching teams play "don't lose the puck" passing it in and back out of the zone? I think I'd rather poke my eyes out.

If they found a way to get rid of that though, I'd probably watch.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Can you imagine 60 minutes of watching teams play "don't lose the puck" passing it in and back out of the zone? I think I'd rather poke my eyes out.

the last iteration of a 3 on 3 league was fast paced and fun.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Just make the ice surface smaller.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Professional shinny hockey? 3 on 3 might be exciting for 5 minutes of sudden death but I can see it getting really old fast watching it over and over again. It will like watching teams practicing offense. Almost no defense or physical play. Next up, the professional hockey shootout out league.
Imagine the playoffs, it will be unreal. :sarcasm:

WhoAreYou99

Oct 14, 2021
I feel I need to post this. I guess this might be familiar to some because I did see Steve Dangle mention this in his podcast. It is article about Max Chambers. Man apparently behind the league.

Schlossman: Major League Hockey is trying to hire people, but is it for real?

I did some own research and name Max Chambers does appear in medias all the way to mid 80´s

Here is part of Winnipeg Sun article from April 4. 1991 (page 42)

The Can-Am Professional Baseball Development League is slated to open its season May 23, but no one seems to know very much about it. Winnipeg is supposed to have a team salary caps are reputed to be $100000 per team there is supposed to be an 84-game schedule and each team is supposed to have at least three Canadian players. But there are more questions than answers. Can the league actually make it to first base? Why would a Californian want to run a baseball team in Winnipeg? Might league founder president and franchise owner Max Chambers flee into the night as he did In Yorkton Bask in the winter of 1984? Quiet. Too quiet?

There might be some answers Tuesday. Chambers says he will hold a press conference that day In Saskatoon to announce updated details concerning this league which proposes to place teams here and in Selkirk, Brandon, Regina, Saskatoon, Thunder Bay, Duluth and Fargo. Chambers who owns the Saskatoon franchise had scheduled a press conference in that city for today. He cancelled it yesterday. Neither Chambers nor league commissioner Rob Anderson would speak with the media yesterday and don't intend to until Tuesday said office administrator Crystal Slpko.

Nobody seems to know a whole lot about Chambers. He was born in or around Saskatoon 32 years ago In 1984. He and a few partners bought the Yorkton Terriers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League but four months into the season Chambers suddenly left town. "The statement that he left In the middle of the night is quite accurate" former Terriers vice-president Gene Krepakevlch told the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix "I was shaving one morning and a report came over the radio. He ran into some financial difficulties and Don Pankewich the club's head coach at the time said Chambers was obligated to chip In $30000 but coughed up only $5000...

I´m not claiming anything. Just posting articles and saying be cautious and make research.
wow actual research having been done on HFBoards. thank you for putting in the effort and sharing the information with the rest of us

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I enjoy 3-on-3 like I enjoy a slot machine. Could be good fun, but I don't consider it based on just skills and smarts and it isn't always hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad