Post-Game Talk (GBU): We Woke Up. The dream was better.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Question..do you think there would be ANY chance of somebody picking up Bergland and Sobotka if sent to Rochester and Buffalo brought up Nylander and Smith/ Oloffson?

No chance a team would pick up either. They're dead wood signed beyond this season. My hope is that Botts waives Sobotka later this season, both so that Phil can't play him anymore and so that Vlad runs back to Europe next year rather than playing in the AHL.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
tenor.gif
I don’t agree but this had me cracking up anyway. :laugh:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Pathetic.

5 straight losses now. A few more and we’ll have completely wiped out all the gains from the winning streak.

This isn’t a playoff team the way things are going.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
10-22-28 has been the only non-Eichel driven competent line this year, no reason we should be sending 10 down. I get he isn’t great but that line was shutting others down.

Now 17, sure. Board darling 71, should sit again....and both 37 and 43 need to start scoring or setting up.

Our severe lack of any offense outside of an Eichel driven line is alarming. I thought Sam was hot garbage today but he needs to be separated and drive his own line. Putting all our eggs in 1 basket does nothing for the rest of the lines. God forbid if 53-9 stop putting up points...

I think we have to go back to:

53-9-29

....and try to generate some offense from whoever else.

71 deserves to sit for a callup
37 deserves to just sit, he’s not been good

Our defense, well if 5 has to be in due to injuries you’re just gonna have to figure out a way to score more, which is this teams major problem right now outside of Skinner-Eichel

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Skinner eichel reinhart
Sheary-Brassard-Okposo
Thompson-Mittlestadt-pominville
Berglund-larson-girgs

sobotka+2nd for brassard :sarcasm:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Gave my grandsons a choice of the Ottawa afternoon game with me and their dad or this one. They chose Ottawa and I skipped this one, taping it instead. I guess I will watch some of the first period. I expected an easy win--guess the players did too.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
While I don’t think 10 has been great I wouldn’t be in a rush to sit him.

71 I would sit next game if better options were available. But I wouldn’t send him down.

Next game I’d let girgs draw in for 23

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The loss had nothing to do with key injuries. Cold streaks. And poor in game adjustments. True story.

:sarcasm:

Today the only meaningful Miss was McCabe. Unless the difference from last year to this year is scandellas current injury, in which case I agree.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sabres could use a Ted Nolan motivational speech. Too much skill, not enough grit. This team is playing too soft. They're getting pushed around and don't fight hard enough for the puck.

Reactions: sabremike

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
The good part is that Mittelstadt definitely has it in him to realize the mistakes he is making. We knew this year would be full of growing pains. I think he comes out firing next year. He's somewhat in over his head at 2C, but I am extremely confident they won't be a one line team next year. A lot of that will be a product of his growth. There are at least 4-5 forwards who are placeholders right now. Once some of the young guys get here, it becomes a lot more fun and wide open.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres could use a Ted Nolan motivational speech. Too much skill, not enough grit. This team is playing too soft. They're getting pushed around and don't fight hard enough for the puck.

And then they would lose 10-1 due to no real system.
“Um guys just go out and play hard. You know. Like ... just go”.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Question..do you think there would be ANY chance of somebody picking up Bergland and Sobotka if sent to Rochester and Buffalo brought up Nylander and Smith/ Oloffson?
Welp nobody can say we weren't warned that acquiring both of them (even if had just been for a bag of pucks) was an incredibly bad idea. The smart money says Botts lacks both the courage and smarts to do the right thing here and cut our losses.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
The good part is that Mittelstadt definitely has it in him to realize the mistakes he is making. We knew this year would be full of growing pains. I think he comes out firing next year. He's somewhat in over his head at 2C, but I am extremely confident they won't be a one line team next year. A lot of that will be a product of his growth. There are at least 4-5 forwards who are placeholders right now. Once some of the young guys get here, it becomes a lot more fun and wide open.
He's extremely physically overmatched right now, reminds me of Reinhart his first couple years.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He's extremely physically overmatched right now, reminds me of Reinhart his first couple years.
I think him and Thompson should be in Rochester. They've shown they can play in the NHL, but they're not able to sustain it. Send them down and call up Smith and Nylander/Olofsson .

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
While I don’t think 10 has been great I wouldn’t be in a rush to sit him.

71 I would sit next game if better options were available. But I wouldn’t send him down.

Next game I’d let girgs draw in for 23

keeps Girgs far away from the #1 line

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
The no shit:
Players talking the same like they did last season when we lost and lost and lost and lost. Seems like losing was/is the real problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad