We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not sure how it's gloating when we're giving all the credit to LEAFANFORLIFE23. I don't think anybody's even saying TB is good. We're just awed at the power of this thread.

Of course Tampa Bay is good.

It's not like the players were sucked into a black hole over the off-season.

A lot of brain dead people around here though, I'll give you that.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
It's like a vicious cycle.

All the gloating now is going to lead to another Round 1 exit.
iu

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I want to refute that gloating leads to a first round exit, but we live in a world where a thread leads to a 10 game winning streak. Anything is possible now.

Perhaps it was the Golden State Warriors threads that did us in. Luckily, that isn't in play this year.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I got the sense watching them recently that they are not emptying their tanks this year...but they move the puck up the ice so efficiently it's scary to watch. Tampa could definitely fly under the radar into a deep playoff run after everyone wrote them off after last year.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I think there is and I think this is it especially if Toronto wins because if that happens that means Tampa would be 6 back of Toronto and 5 back of Florida.

That is quite the hole and I know the blues did it but the first signs of life happened in December.

Tampa has shown NO signs of life.

5-6 points is not “quite a hole”

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

It's working out just like I anticipated. I knew they would turn it around, and I'm on record of saying they were giving me STL vibes going into the Christmas break.

They just need to slightly decrease vasilevksy's load. It's been a long time a goalie won the cup in this league when they have started 60 plus games, and vas is right on that 60 game pace right now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's working out just like I anticipated. I knew they would turn it around, and I'm on record of saying they were giving me STL vibes going into the Christmas break.

It wasn't much of a mystery, I'm on the record for much the same thing.

And it's not really a STL thing as they weren't defending President's Trophy winners with the highest point total (128) since 1995-1996.

It's a bit like when the Leafs deliberately tanked their season and then bragged about their remarkable turnaround the following year. Their actual roster wasn't as bad as their record showed, but they hid them in the AHL and played a bunch of scrubs.

But I get what you are trying to say.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dont worry about TB. They have cooper as their HC. Team is likely to get bounced in round 1 or 2. If not Wash or Pitt will take care of them like it's nothing. If they somehow luck their way through there they will blow a game 7 at home with an offense that will definitely go dry. Their small skilled players will be injured by then anyways.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Dont worry about TB. They have cooper as their HC. Team is likely to get bounced in round 1 or 2. If not Wash or Pitt will take care of them like it's nothing. If they somehow luck their way through there they will blow a game 7 at home with an offense that will definitely go dry. Their small skilled players will be injured by then anyways.

Pretty sure cooper has been to the finals too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I’m having fun gloating about your gloating.

And I have nothing to lose.

Except the lottery!

Damn, it really is a vicious cycle.
Yeah but your team's vicious cycle has a name.

And it can be traced: draft great prospect, develop great prospect, trade said prospect when it comes time to pay him, thus acquiring assets to draft the next great prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad