We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This is why HF is a joke.

Tampa beat up on a lot of crap teams on this streak, and everyone proclaims they’re back.

The leafs did the same thing and yet we don’t know what they are because they beat up on bad teams lol.

Point is, it doesn’t matter who either team is going up against, both teams have been two of the best over the last two months, end of story.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Tampa beat up on a lot of crap teams on this streak, and everyone proclaims they’re back.

The leafs did the same thing and yet we don’t know what they are because they beat up on bad teams lol.

Point is, it doesn’t matter who either team is going up against, both teams have been two of the best over the last two months, end of story.

This thread is not about the Leafs.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Take your pity party to the leafs board or better yet have your boy start a thread for his own team.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
So funny. Leafs fan starts a thread proclaiming the Lightning done. Lightning proceed to win 10 straight. Other leafs fan, “BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LEAFS”
Yes, when a user named LEAFSFANFORLIFE starts a post trashing tampa and makes a fool of himself all over the thread, that does indeed invite people to talk back. Not a hard concept to understand

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook

Last time I checked the league makes the schedule so you kinda gotta play who ya gotta play, right? Perhaps this escaped your attention but during this streak, with the exception of Detroit and Ottawa, all of the other teams either had a winning record at the time and/or were in the playoffs or right on the bubble. They came from behind on the road to beat Buffalo and Ottawa. But let's focus on the four games since rallying in Ottawa.

They had to play in Carolina the next day at 1700 plus the hassle of having to clear customs, not to mention that they had already lost to CAR twice this year in back-to-backs. Honestly, I kind of wrote that game off myself. But lo and behold, they came out of the gate smoking and won 3-1, which I frankly think has been their most significant win this season precisely because they played so well under adverse conditions against a very good opponent in their barn.

So they come back home to play a winning team from Vancouver after a 4 game road trip. Of course, they'll be flat, which is more often times than not the case. Oops, wrong again, they come from behind again and absolute annihilate VAN 9-2. Two nights later, they'll surely let down a little against AZ, right? Nope, wrong again....4-0. Then certainly in PHL against the team with the best home record in the NHL, right? Nope, wrong again...1-0, extending their scoreless innings streak to 7. I think you probably see where I'm going with this.

Your post is an affirmation of the old axiom which states that, although everyone is entitled to their opinion, not all opinions are of equal substance and value. And you really should consider another avatar. It's not very flattering, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Last time I checked the league makes the schedule so you kinda gotta play who ya gotta play, right? Perhaps this escaped your attention but during this streak, with the exception of Detroit and Ottawa, all of the other teams either had a winning record at the time and/or were in the playoffs or right on the bubble. They came from behind on the road to beat Buffalo and Ottawa. But let's focus on the four games since rallying in Ottawa.

They had to play in Carolina the next day at 1700 plus the hassle of having to clear customs, not to mention that they had already lost to CAR twice this year in back-to-backs. Honestly, I kind of wrote that game off myself. But lo and behold, they came out of the gate smoking and won 3-1, which I frankly think has been their most significant win this season precisely because they played so well under adverse conditions against a very good opponent in their barn.

So they come back home to play a winning team from Vancouver after a 4 game road trip. Of course, they'll be flat, which is more often times than not the case. Oops, wrong again, they come from behind again and absolute annihilate VAN 9-2. Two nights later, they'll surely let down a little against AZ, right? Nope, wrong again....4-0. Then certainly in PHL against the team with the best home record in the NHL, right? Nope, wrong again...1-0, extending their scoreless innings streak to 7. I think you probably see where I'm going with this.

Your post is an affirmation of the old axiom which states that, although everyone is entitled to their opinion, not all opinions are of equal substance and value. And you really should consider another avatar. It's not very flattering, if you know what I mean.

You can try reading the entire post next time.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
You can try reading the entire post next time.

Yeah, I read your entire post the first time. Just wanted to use the opportunity of yours to lay it all out there lest any naysayers have any misconceptions about what they've really done in the last 10.

Unlike the Leafs, whose longest W streak this season is 6, the Bruins have 1 of 8 games, so the Leafs are in 3rd place in the division in that category too (and I prefer the Leafs over the Bruins any day). There's just something that tells me Boston isn't all that concerned about slipping out of 1st place if that does indeed happen. Any way you look at it, neither TB or BOS is a good matchup for TOR in the spring. They need to win the division more so than anyone, however unlikely that is to happen.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

OMG

iu

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Blame your fellow Leafs fan for starting this thread and...well just read the thread :laugh:

Reactions: Matt Riddle bro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad