We need a kpop group to perform at the 2024 All Star Games

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
No. For multiple reasons. I listen to some kpop, I'm not principally opposed to it.

First, sports leagues rarely ever book the hottest artists of the time, but rather recognizable brands, because the hottest bands of the time cost too much money. The NHL is not one of the richer sports leagues. The brands you mentioned even among Kpop fans aren't as well established.

The bands you list are young. They have young fandoms. I'm not saying they are all 13 year old girls. But the average 35 year old is richer than the average 25 year old. The fandom ages for these bands are closer to 25 than 35.

There is also some product anti-synergy that can't be ignored. The goal is not just to have one super exciting concert. You want to have more long term hockey fans. Kpop stans follow their bands. They won't necessarily show any interest in the NHL after the show is over.

If there is going to be a Kpop band in 2024 it will be like Super Junior reunion or something. Bring back Girls Generation.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
No. For multiple reasons. I listen to some kpop, I'm not principally opposed to it.

First, sports leagues rarely ever book the hottest artists of the time, but rather recognizable brands, because the hottest bands of the time cost too much money. The NHL is not one of the richer sports leagues. The brands you mentioned even among Kpop fans aren't as well established.

The bands you list are young. They have young fandoms. I'm not saying they are all 13 year old girls. But the average 35 year old is richer than the average 25 year old. The fandom ages for these bands are closer to 25 than 35.

There is also some product anti-synergy that can't be ignored. The goal is not just to have one super exciting concert. You want to have more long term hockey fans. Kpop stans follow their bands. They won't necessarily show any interest in the NHL after the show is over.

If there is going to be a Kpop band in 2024 it will be like Super Junior reunion or something. Bring back Girls Generation.
Most educated statement here respect. 👏

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I agree, and I am very excited to see the reasonable responses by old hockey men in this thread.
I truly can’t understand people who think like you.
Well taking place in Florida is also different than Toronto, plus Enhypen has a net worth less than Fall Out Boy, so sure they may not get someone huge huge like NCT, but there are other options.

No Toronto is a multicultural city, that attracts a lot of people from all around the world, so there's more exposure to hockey if they combine hockey with other popular activities.
can I ask you a question? What is with the insistence amongst a certain sect of hockey fans that growing the game is the most pressing issue? The league is already at 32 teams and severely watered down, if anything the sport is better off if it shrinks in popularity. Is it because of a deep insecurity that hockey isn’t as popular as the other major sports? Nothing it will ever do will catch those sports, nor should it matter. Is it because you truly want the players to earn salaries that rival those other sports? I can understand the desire to attract younger people to the game and create a future pipeline of hockey players, but this wouldn’t achieve that at all. Hockey is better as a niche sport.

Reactions: Samhockey3

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
ED200C52-35C7-4041-83D2-585CE64732E9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad