We need a kpop group to perform at the 2024 All Star Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Toronto is a huge metropolitan area known for multiculturalism. It's also a huge kpop fanbase city. It'll a great way to promote the game to a huge fanbase. In fact there are many kpop idols that hail from Toronto, and likewise there's one kpop idol who's a pro figure skater and even played hockey as a kid!

Some groups I'd love to perform at the 2024 ASG:

NCT-127

1675558663981.png
1675558927775.png

1. They're one of the most popular kpop groups of all time.
2. Mark Lee himself is literally from Toronto and I'm sure would have knowledge on hockey.
3. ONE OF THEIR DIVISIONS NCT-U, LITERALLY MADE A MUSIC VIDEO IN HOCKEY JERSEYS.

The Boyz

1675558925724.png
1. They're an upcoming and popular group.
2. One of their members Jacob is from Toronto.

Enhypen
1675559042562.png

1. Very popular new group from 2020.
2. One of their members Sunghoon is literally a figure skater who has played hockey before. Imagine him as a celeb in the breakaway challenge! OMG DREAM COME TRUE.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Oh common there's only one logical performer for this.

Attachments

• 1323267949.jpg
    1323267949.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 2

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
The presence of Fall Out Boy is an indication of the budget the NHL is working with. A current major international draw probably doesn't work within that budget. Need to save that cash for skit props.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The presence of Fall Out Boy is an indication of the budget the NHL is working with. A current major international draw probably doesn't work within that budget. Need to save that cash for skit props.

Well taking place in Florida is also different than Toronto, plus Enhypen has a net worth less than Fall Out Boy, so sure they may not get someone huge huge like NCT, but there are other options.

Because if there's an untapped hockey market it's Toronto? I'm confused here?

No Toronto is a multicultural city, that attracts a lot of people from all around the world, so there's more exposure to hockey if they combine hockey with other popular activities.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Well taking place in Florida is also different than Toronto, plus Enhypen has a net worth less than Fall Out Boy, so sure they may not get someone huge huge like NCT, but there are other options.

No Toronto is a multicultural city, that attracts a lot of people from all around the world, so there's more exposure to hockey if they combine hockey with other popular activities.

I lived in Toronto for 4 years, I'm well aware of what it's like. Toronto is extremely diverse-there's no doubt about that...but every person in the GTA has been exposed to hockey before, it's engrained in Toronto's culture.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Why kpop and not that Canadian pop-superstar dude, who is a big hockey fan? Don't remember his name... Nah, can't recall it.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
It's reasonable to expect the band that started 22 years ago to have made more than the band that started 3 years ago. That doesn't really give any insight into what current booking rates are - especially as it looks like Enhypen's tour proceeds go to the corporation (if I'm interpreting the arrangement correctly) whereas FOB likely collects the bulk of the proceeds directly for a gig like this.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
The 3 Kpop groups that are big enough names in NA to attract a the average veiwer to watch them preform are Blackpink, Twice and BTS. Although there are other groups who are more popular with in Kpop fan such as New Jeans TXT, and NCT127

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad