Post-Game Talk: We lost :( and now Vector is mad at me

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
It's way too early to hit the panic button.

But whatever the problem is with the Canucks right now, I'm quite certain PDG is not the solution.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Pure avatar response here: that album is one of the best ever. One of the few albums I love listening to from beginning to end. Damn near every song is a gem. The La's will have permanent place on any playlist I ever create.

Figure there'd be a few of you :laugh: One month ago I thought they had one song. Dead wrong. I just spent all day recording a version of Doledrum.

As you said, I think for me this is the best thing I've ever heard. For what it is, punch-for-punch better than any Beatles record. I'm going through the Kitchen Tape right now.

Reactions: Coffee

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Figure there'd be a few of you :laugh: One month ago I thought they had one song. Dead wrong. I just spent all day recording a version of Doledrum.

As you said, I think for me this is the best thing I've ever heard. For what it is, punch-for-punch better than any Beatles record. I'm going through the Kitchen Tape right now.
***Total thread diversion incoming. I have no complaints if the Mods delete this post if they see fit***

"There She Goes" is a great song, but it's not even my favourite from the album.

The La's were once viewed as the successors to the Beatles in the BritPop world. Oasis has pretty much acknowledged they were trying to carry on from where the La's had dropped off.

The La's are one of those bands that have had a tremendous impact on modern pop/rock music, yet most people aren't really aware of them. Kinda like the Pixies.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
***Total thread diversion incoming. I have no complaints if the Mods delete this post if they see fit***

"There She Goes" is a great song, but it's not even my favourite from the album.

The La's were once viewed as the successors to the Beatles in the BritPop world. Oasis has pretty much acknowledged they were trying to carry on from where the La's had dropped off.

The La's are one of those bands that have had a tremendous impact on modern pop/rock music, yet most people aren't really aware of them. Kinda like the Pixies.

Definitely your favourite bands favourite band. I’m curious what you like better, that in my view is the best purest pop song ever made. Mavers’ voice make any of the Beatles look like they can’t sing which is his greatest weapon outside of a Dylan-like penchant for crafting wonderful folk songs. Its a damn shame,

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Definitely your favourite bands favourite band. I’m curious what you like better, that in my view is the best purest pop song ever made. Mavers’ voice make any of the Beatles look like they can’t sing which is his greatest weapon outside of a Dylan-like penchant for crafting wonderful folk songs. Its a damn shame,
Okay, this will be my last post on this topic only because I'm starting to feel guilty about hijacking this thread, lol.

I'd probably put "Son of a Gun" ahead of "There She Goes" but that's really just a personal preference on my part.

I once watched a documentary about the La's that delved into their own influences, which include all sorts of blues and rock from the 40's and 50's. It put so many of their songs into a different perspective for me.

The combination of Lee Maver's vocals plus the guitar playing is a pretty much a unicorn when it comes to modern pop/rock. Anyways, that's the last I'll post in this thread about the La's. DM me if you have further burning questions lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad