Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
LOL at this quote.

“@MikeColeNESN: Tuukka Rask on playing in OT in a Game 7: "It's do or die. You're either a hero or an *******."”

NYSportsfan87

Thank You Eli
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
history.jpg

It's good to be the king

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Lundqvist is really amazing. He was determined not to let up any goals after Game 5. His compete level is one of the highest I've witnessed.

Asham and Pyatt were signed for their playoffs. They could be useless throughout the regular season for all I care so long as they play like they have in the playoffs. Pyatt has been getting some criticism for reasons unbeknownst to me, I thought his boardwork and physicality was solid throughout the series, he is one of the unsung heroes.

Lack of depth has been a glaring issue all season and it's great to see the bottom six step up in a major way in the playoffs. We don't win this series without them. Now hopefully the primary scorers can join in against Boston.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Brassard has taken his game to a new level. I almost didn't recognise him. And of course Lundqvist was great.

Go Rangers!

GFiP*

Thank you asham for that rocket. This team is so good when it has the lead playing confidently.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
this is a group that had a rough start losing the first two games of the series, but then this group of guys became a team. They bonded together and worked hard to tie it 2-2 and even after going down 2-3 they were resilient and shutout the caps 2 straight games and took the series. This is a team that close and has 4 dangerous lines 3 very good d pairings and a just unbelievable goaltender...they are FINALLY putting it together!

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Best game they have played in a LOOOONG time.

What's more impressive the fact that Rangers held Ovechkin to only 1 goal, or that they held Chimera to only one goal?

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
As a caps fan;

Amazing team effort from your team and I would like to cheer for you against the bruins but I don´t want to jinx you; All the teams I cheer for are practically without championships in the last 10 years so I will keep it cool and only watch the games.

What an odd Game 7, at least last year we died fighting but today your team never gave us that chance.

At the end it was a nice series and I do think we will meet again next year :laugh: !!!

Adios

NHRangerfan

Guys, I am going all out here and going to be completely honest.

I am crying right now. This was so intense. This series was the most exciting I've experienced in a long, long time. The close games really got to me and to finish it off with a blow out win, where we get scoring from all lines, just makes me a happy, happy man. I am still going to watch the post game show now on Streamo, but this has been a memorable night. Yes, it's not the rivalry like we have with NJ or Philly, but this just feels so intense.

And I still feel Holtby is a great goalie for the future. From next year on, he will have better opponents and we will see where he is at, but for a 24-year old, he is doing pretty good. You got to give him that, despite his attitude.

3 stars:

1. Brassard
2. Lundqvist
3. Zuccarello

:nod:

still watching the post game? Damn what time is it over there?

Tip of the cap to you!

deleteme24

Leafs for cup
Sep 20, 2009
Leafs Nation
As a Leafs fan, please take care of the stinking bruins.

Hit them hard and have the King stop everything!

I'll be in your bandwagon. Good job guys.

z1co80

The Incredible Hank
Nov 30, 2007
Scotland
I just think it's awesome how a playoff choker like Hank can notch up back to back shutouts when the series is on the line.

:)

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Oh man, its been a blast in the playoff boards thread...What a game boys! On to round 2 for us! Won the series without our big guys showing up (besides Lundy of course)...And we've got a real player in Brassard. What a game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad