we are so SOFT. We will never win like this

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Legendary chops !!!

Nah, the first one I kind of get. He's not a fighter, he was just going on instinct (if I'm being kind).

But the sucker slash to Scott's ankle while two other Leafs were wrestling the guy to the ice was a pure cowardly cheap shot. He deserved to get suspended and if I was the captain of the Leafs at the time, I would've had a private talk with Phil after the game about not embarrassing the team with that weak a** s**t.

Reactions: Arzak

horner

May 22, 2007
We had Schenn, but we only won one freaking round. Do we need both Schenns, or perhaps convince Roman Hamrlik to come out of retirement?
If you top guys don't want to get involved then no one else will .

Remember Sandin fought for Mathew's and he got beat up.

Schenn and ORielly found this out in spades

Pittsburgh Crosby
Philly Koneckny
Boston Marchant
Calgary has a tough team
Florida Tkachuk Bennett
TB has a tough team
Ottawa Tkachuk

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
It's the fans fault that Shanahan is still around? What if they start chanting 'Bring Back Burke', should they listen to them then?
Fans also wanted to 'get rid of Sundin' and 'give Domi the C' . Fans are the last ones they should be listening to.

There are many things you could find fault at with the Team, blaming the fans for it is crazy, IMO.
Shanny is only a symptom. Not the illness. The dumb ownership group is. But by making them change managers/presidents more often, you may make them find the right one. Like Pat Quinn. Even a blind squirrel... If you push it in the right direction. Stagnation under Shanny is endless pain with no hope. And I would be okay with the captain Domi. We won nothing with Sundin anyway.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Shanny is only a symptom. Not the illness. The dumb ownership group is. But by making them change managers/presidents more often, you may make them find the right one. Like Pat Quinn. Even a blind squirrel... If you push it in the right direction. Stagnation under Shanny is endless pain with no hope. And I would be okay with the captain Domi. We won nothing with Sundin anyway.
Interesting. I've never thought of it this way but you might be on to something here.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The 'right one' doesn't win every year though, how do you know that who you have won't eventually be the 'right one'.
I certainly wouldn't trust the fans to figure it out.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
So you feel the Team thinks they are going with the right model because the seats are full and would only realize it's not working if people stop attending?
Wouldn't the standings and playoff success be the indicator to the team?

Blaming the fans for the teams incompetence is a little crazy, IMO.
Money runs the world. Lack of fans stimulates change. Most don't see this current version going far.Cept you.Yawn

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
The 'right one' doesn't win every year though, how do you know that who you have won't eventually be the 'right one'.
I certainly wouldn't trust the fans to figure it out.
How many more years of Shanny's misery are you willing to witness? I mean, I was done right before the Columbus series. I watched the last game of that season, a heartless and soulless game against Montreal, and understood that I couldn't watch this pos hockey anymore. I never watched that series or most after.

Interesting. I've never thought of it this way but you might be on to something here.
Dynamic always means life. Static is always death. At some point, change is inevitable.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How many more years of Shanny's misery are you willing to witness? I mean, I was done right before the Columbus series. I watched the last game of that season, a heartless and soulless game against Montreal, and understood that I couldn't watch this pos hockey anymore. I never watched that series or most after.

Dynamic always means life. Static is always death. At some point, change is inevitable.
I’m all for change. I don’t think they should change because of what the fans chanted.
Don’t most people think the building is full of suits who don’t pay attention anyway? Why would we want the Team to listen to them?

Money runs the world. Lack of fans stimulates change. Most don't see this current version going far.
The point is if the know the right changes to make because the fans stop going why wouldn’t they just make those changes while the fans are there? Shirley you don’t think they don’t care about winning.

I edited out the part of your post that misrepresents. Trying to help you understand how sport works doesn’t mean I think the team is going far.

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I’m all for change. I don’t think they should change because of what the fans chanted.
Don’t most people think the building is full of suits who don’t pay attention anyway? Why would we want the Team to listen to them?

The point is if the know the right changes to make because the fans stop going why wouldn’t they just make those changes while the fans are there? Shirley you don’t think they don’t care about winning.

I edited out the part of your post that misrepresents. Trying to help you understand how sport works doesn’t mean I think the team is going far.
In the case of the Leafs I'm very dubious of their and the NHL's agenda. I think it's rigged to be frank and I think it's obvious. When the cup was on in arenas, bars etc, no one even looked at the screen or cared. I think the NHL has become a joke sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad