We are living through the golden generations of sports and we don’t even know it

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Some of those guys shouldn't be counted in this generation but yes there have been a lot of GOAT-level athletes recently
It'll probably keep happening as sports grow over time though

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Move another 50 years forward and we'll have all sorts of star athletes that make today's great athletes look like bozos
There isn't a player living or dead who could make players like Orr , Johnston , Montana , Rose , Pele or Borg look like bozos and it will still be true in fifty years .

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
There isn't a player living or dead who could make players like Orr , Johnston , Montana , Rose , Pele or Borg look like bozos and it will still be true in fifty years .

When you say Montana, you’re really saying Bill Walsh. When Shanahan brought the WCO to Denver and Elway, the Broncos won SBs 50% of those 4 years. Even as a huge Broncos and Elway fan, I can readily admit that Dan Marino is the best passer to ever do it. The rules changes that came later didn’t work in his favor though.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
What are these? (If they are what I think they might be, I would associate them with pastimes rather than sports. Darts, anyone? What about chess? I wouldn't mind reclassifying some pastimes as sports, but... just saying.)

Who dat?
Darts is a sport. You can debate how challenging it is, but at the end of the day it requires physical skill and the winner is determined by the score. Chess on the other hand, requires zero physical skill. Therefore, it's a game.

At least, by my criteria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad