We are going to the playoffs, I think!

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
And he can come back next year for the right price.

If this team can't make the playoffs without Eric Staal, then they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

So if they keep Staal, and barely make the playoffs on the last day, it's some sort of mistake, because they probably wouldn't have without him?

I miss what the faulk.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
So if they keep Staal, and barely make the playoffs on the last day, it's some sort of mistake, because they probably wouldn't have without him?

By deadline time, it is almost certain that the Canes will still be outside of the playoff picture, and will have less than a 50% chance of making it.

If they retain Staal at that point, and then they make the playoffs, it will be a mistake that happened to work out. Much like the guy who raises preflop on the button with pocket 3s.

If they are comfortably in the playoff picture by the deadline -- meaning 50% or better -- I'd reconsider. But they almost certainly won't be.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I vote for a Swedish theme.

so that means, the chef, meatballs, ikea and this:

43pVEOs.jpg

hmmm

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
By deadline time, it is almost certain that the Canes will still be outside of the playoff picture, and will have less than a 50% chance of making it.

If they retain Staal at that point, and then they make the playoffs, it will be a mistake that happened to work out. Much like the guy who raises preflop on the button with pocket 3s.

If they are comfortably in the playoff picture by the deadline -- meaning 50% or better -- I'd reconsider. But they almost certainly won't be.

This makes more sense than the previous statement, although the 50% success rate as the cut line is arbitrary.

But more importantly, why on earth would you not raise preflop on the button with 33? The fold equity from stealing the blinds alone usually justifies raising almost half the hands in the deck.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
But more importantly, why on earth would you not raise preflop on the button with 33? The fold equity from stealing the blinds alone usually justifies raising almost half the hands in the deck.

Lol. You're right. I meant utg, not otb.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
And what are we talking here? Cash game? I'm opening all PPs pre, and typically calling any 3bets, often 4betting it. Come oooon buddy.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
And what are we talking here? Cash game? I'm opening all PPs pre, and typically calling any 3bets, often 4betting it. Come oooon buddy.

under the gun? cash game or tournament, once people know you're playing weak pairs out of position, you're gonna get eaten alive.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
under the gun? cash game or tournament, once people know you're playing weak pairs out of position, you're gonna get eaten alive.

Pssh, my bb/100 and live results beg to differ.

So video games and now poker? No wonder you nerds don't have time for a hot wife. :sarcasm:

My hot wife plays video games and poker with me, don't make me post a headless picture of her from her NCSU cheerleading days :rant:

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009

You have to be playing against people that know how to eat you alive. It's exploitable, but that doesn't mean anything in most casual games.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Rather go with Viking Line or Birka.

I kinda got hooked on Silja while I lived in Sverige, mostly just because it had the 2nd largest duty free in the world after Heathrow in London (or at least it did in 2008, dunno if it's changed), also, iirc they were the only company that offered boat transit from Helsinki to Tallinn, which is maybe my favorite city in the world to party in.

Let's get back on topic: Swedish women.

kinda nsfw i guess, but i think this is safe :laugh:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I don't want a hot wife. That's just not my thing. (I'm assuming you don't know that the phrase "hot wife", sometimes written as "hotwife", has an somewhat-sleezy alternative meaning.)

He didn't, but does now, which is why the joke continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad