GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
giphy.gif

You know what to do Canucks.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
While the powerplay is an important part of the game you really shouldn't rely on it for scoring. Last night both Avs and Stars had 1 powerplay each in a game went went into double OT and its not because both teams played so cleanly lol . Best not to expect to get any powerplays at all . If you get one you better score on it but you don't want to build your scoring around it .

the refs failed last game, so expect a McPP parade for the Canucks tonight.

Reactions: Summer Rose

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Reading between the lines, it's probably a bet on the future. If they start Skinner and he loses, the door is basically closed for him in that city. If he wins out, he probably stays.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah I feel it Skinner tonight just because the coach said "we'll see Skinner again" makes no sense to play him..
Could/should be last game of McDrai era

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I actually think Skinner gives them the best chance. Contrary to popular belief, I think Pickard looked like a career AHL goalie in both games. His puck reaction time is well below avg and he often has no idea where the puck is. Most of his saves were point blank easy peasy or it was a case of the puck hitting his pads rather than a save. I would go back to Skinner as well.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I actually think Skinner gives them the best chance. Contrary to popular belief, I think Pickard looked like a career AHL goalie in both games. His puck reaction time is well below avg and he often has no idea where the puck is. Most of his saves were point blank easy peasy or it was a case of the puck hitting his pads rather than a save. I would go back to Skinner as well.
Save percentage still better than Skinner in his three games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad