GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Only one way for him to improve his save percentage from the worst playoff starter ever, and that's to start. Good move here.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Skinner about to drop a shutout with everyone counting him out

He got them here, I can sort of see why Knob just said “f*** it” and started him. They’re down 3-2 anyways
It is just unorthodox to switch goalies after the playing goalie did nothing noticeable wrong.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Skinner is starting so congratulations Canucks fans. Oil decided to throw in the towel. Great to see
He’s had a couple games to refocus. Sure he could be feeling more pressure, but he may rise to the occasion. He has good games and bad ones. I think this is a very uneasy game for the Canucks despite whoever is in net. Oilers are going to take that extra inch, take that extra stride, finish every check, and throw the kitchen sink. Canucks may be facing a low volume shot affair again.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
He’s had a couple games to refocus. Sure he could be feeling more pressure, but he may rise to the occasion. He has good games and bad ones. I think this is a very uneasy game for the Canucks despite whoever is in net. Oilers are going to take that extra inch, take that extra stride, finish every check, and throw the kitchen sink. Canucks may be facing a low volume shot affair again.
4 of them will go in on 15 shots so it won't even matter.

Oil will outwork, outplay and outshoot the Canucks something like 43-18 and lose 4-2. Can already feel it

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
4 of them will go in on 15 shots so it won't even matter.

Oil will outwork, outplay and outshoot the Canucks something like 43-18 and lose 4-2. Can already feel it
They’ve yet to do that combined in a single game yet this series, don’t think they do in this one. Canucks are just too physically strong for them

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I picked Oilers in 6, then after few minutes I realised that I rate more players on Canucks and wanted to change my pick to Canucks in 6 but it was not a possible to change vote. So I have to stick with Oilers. They will win tonight and somehow will win Game 7 :)

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
The Oilers could win game 6, but this is a super risky move because if the Canucks score early, the team in front of Skinner could go into panic mode and put them on their heals thinking about Skinner letting in another weak one. The psychology of the team changes when the players don't trust the goalie. Even the Oilers players must be wondering why Skinner is going back in.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SL8j4dttoRO4alT-VnH5OnO_BvY=.gif

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I picked Oilers in 6, then after few minutes I realised that I rate more players on Canucks and wanted to change my pick to Canucks in 6 but it was not a possible to change vote. So I have to stick with Oilers. They will win tonight and somehow will win Game 7 :)

I anticipated canucks to win in 6 with full rosters. Then demko got hurt, and pettersson just seemed off.... so I switched to Edmonton in 6 before the series started.

Either way, these were pretty nice conditions presented to the oilers.

My prediction won't come true anymore for this series but I wish I had bet on the Boston/Florida series. I predicted Florida in 6 and I predicted Boston to win game 1.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Why are people acting like it's over? If the Oilers can get their PP back to snuff it should at the very least be an even game.

I'm hoping for a game 7.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Why are people acting like it's over? If the Oilers can get their PP back to snuff it should at the very least be an even game.

I'm hoping for a game 7.

While the powerplay is an important part of the game you really shouldn't rely on it for scoring. Last night both Avs and Stars had 1 powerplay each in a game went went into double OT and its not because both teams played so cleanly lol . Best not to expect to get any powerplays at all . If you get one you better score on it but you don't want to build your scoring around it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad