GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Did knob explain why skinner is in? Swapping makes no sense to me.

You put him in because you didn’t trust the other guy, he plays well, so you pull him for this one?!?

Gotta be injury no?

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Did knob explain why skinner is in? Swapping makes no sense to me.

You put him in because you didn’t trust the other guy, he plays well, so you pull him for this one?!?

Gotta be injury no?

Probably. Pickard lateral movement didn't look very healthy last game and was mostly lucky to not get caved in.

Reactions: Summer Rose

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
exactly

people calling this an "upset" haven't watch the Oilers in the playoffs before...
Canucks swept them in the regular season, finished 1st in the division and 3rd in the Conference
This you?
Oil in 6
McDrai revenge tour is about to begin

Oilers won’t be scared of Skinny Pete and the little guy Quinn Hughes..they’ll pound them all series
McDrai have a chip on their shoulder from the regular season too

Oilers top players always show up when it matters
Canucks? Not so much

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Nonsense. I was just listening to the Bob Mccowen podcast and a media guest from Toronto was saying "common, we all know Edmonton is a way better team blah blah". They really believe that Edm is way better. Still.
They are the better team, but Vancouver's strongest position goaltending is edmontons weakest and that has been the difference. Game 5 was vans best game and the only game I think they were easily the better team

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
They are the better team, but Vancouver's strongest position goaltending is edmontons weakest and that has been the difference. Game 5 was vans best game and the only game I think they were easily the better team
I don't think the rosters bare that out. At minimum they are equal. Vancouver is deeper. Vancouver can put Petey and Miller on the first line and still have a bonafide #2 centre on the 2nd line in Lindholm.

Hronek and Hughs are top pair guys while Zadorov is playing like a top pair guy.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So they’re the better team but are 2-7 against the Canucks this year and finished behind them in the standings?
Defense and goaltending are an important part of any team and Vancouver’s has been better.
I agree that the Oilers have the higher top end talent but Vancouver leading without their Vezina finalist goalie lays to rest any argument the Oilers are a superior team imo. Too many people measure ‘better’ strictly by offense. And speaking of that, Miller has largely shut down McDavid except for one game this series.
Canucks deserve some credit for leading so far.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Henrique is out according to Knoblauch.
Did any GM have a better trade deadline than Kenny Holland picking up Henrique, Carrick and Stecher for a first, a second and some other picks?
Can't wait to see Holland drift off Into the sunset... Such a waste of assets when we desperately needed a top 4 RD. Everyone and their mom could see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad