GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Whyte Avenue to be renamed Skinner Street if the sophomore goalie pulls this off.
And Stuart to become the most popular name in Edmonton for new babies.
Speaking of Whyte Ave, I wonder if the City of Edmonton has another minor riot left in them. If the Oilers lose after starting Skinner, there is going to be a lot of anger. For the life of me, I don't know why knob block would switch Pickard out when he looks way steadier than Skinner. Maybe he is injured? Weird decision.

Reactions: Summer Rose

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
How on earth could a HC look at the performances of both goalies and determine Skinner is the better option? Sans Pickard being injured, that is an inexcusable decision. Fireable decision when Skinner stinks it up.

Even if Edmonton wins, it will be 4-3 or 5-4. Pickard's confidence is shaken from being benched for no good reason. Then, you face the possibility of Skinner vs Demko in game 7 on the road.
Its not confirmed by any team source that Skinner is starting. If they do go with him tho, I suppose the rational is they want Skinner to have confidence as they really want him as the goalie of the future, and if they dont give him the net in an elimination game means they dont have confidence in him. I mean, maybe im wrong with that. But if thats true, hes 25 or so, im sure he can get some confidence back if the team feels hes not ready yet for an elimination game, so im not sure i agree with the choice... if its true hes starting that is.

Or maybe Pickard tweaked something, sick, who knows...

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Speaking of Whyte Ave, I wonder if the City of Edmonton has another minor riot left in them. If the Oilers lose after starting Skinner, there is going to be a lot of anger. For the life of me, I don't know why knob block would switch Pickard out when he looks way steadier than Skinner. Maybe he is injured? Weird decision.
I'm wondering if this is a Holland or Katz decision.

But even if Skinner plays well. Ok. But you have game 7 in Vancouver. A building he has been really awful in. And the prospect of Skinner vs Demko should scare Oilers fans to death.

You have a goalie who could maybe give up 4 goals. Or could continue being solud. Vs a goalie that will give up 4 goals.

Mind boggling

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Its not confirmed by any team source that Skinner is starting. If they do go with him tho, I suppose the rational is they want Skinner to have confidence as they really want him as the goalie of the future, and if they dont give him the net in an elimination game means they dont have confidence in him. I mean, maybe im wrong with that. And if thats true, hes 25 or so, im sure he can get some confidence back if the team feels hes not ready yet for an elimination game
I agree this might be the reason. But it's an awful reason. You don't put the confidence of a shaky goalie over advancing in the postseason.

It's about the Oilers. Not Skinner. And him getting benched should only motivate him to work even harder in the offseason.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I am fully prepared for a Freddy Anderson goal against from Skinner tonight

Dude where's the puck

1000008566.png

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Only legit reason why Skinner is starting is that Pickard is hurt.

Reasons I can come up with :
- McDavid blamed Pickard for the GWG and demanded Knoblauch start Skinner to shift the blame.
- Holland is afraid of Pickard's agent's contract demands if Pickard wins Game 6.
- Owner's son likes Skinner better.
- Holland has appointments to see houses in Columbus to keep.
- Knoblauch wants to test how safe his job is thru McDavid Immunity clause.
- Owner hates the Alberta Premier and wants them to lose the bet.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The mystery remains how Kenny Holland, a former goalie himself, allowed this position to be a festering problem.

On the bright side, Columbus has a similar problem, so Kenny will be familiar with it.

This problem predates Holland by alot albeit his attempts to fix it also failed badly . When was the last time the Oilers had a realible #1 goalie ? When Cujo was there or something ?

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
This problem predates Holland by alot albeit his attempts to fix it also failed badly . When was the last time the Oilers had a realible #1 goalie ? When Cujo was there or something ?

When has the Oilers played sound defensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad