Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Maybe you are spending too much time relentless fixating on what Oilers fans are saying if you know what those fans are saying better than that of your own fanbase?

I peeked in on the Oilers Around the League thread here and there for some giggles. It's not really a mystery, lmao.

I'm also not saying that this is 'all' Oilers fans, but that I'm noticing a lot of enmity that I hadn't really noticed in prior seasons. Both here and on Twitter (which, of course, is the best barometer for sensible discussion, heh.)

Why is it a stumbling block for multiple people in this thread to understand that no, it's not literally every single Oilers fan? Rowly got the same treatment.

Also,

Just search PDO on the Canucks. Lots of threads on it in the main boards.

I'm not the one who made this claim about a 'special system.'

Also sidenote, I think your avatar is gold.

Reactions: I am toxic

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I hope Vancouver wins but I also hope whoever wins the series will win the cup. Canada has waited long enough!

I would like to see Vancouver win the cup but unless Shilov puts on a Cam Ward run in his rookie year where he took over in relief for Martin Gerber or Demko returns, I don’t see him matching up well with who I think will be Florida coming out of the East.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Starting on Wednesday is dumb.

This setup nicely for HNIC on Saturday night in Edmonton for game 3 if they played Tuesday instead.

Dallas is just coming off a 7 game series and plays Tuesday? Pretty silly scheduling.

The NHL does such a terrible job properly marketing itself and this is another example.
Canucks can't start on Monday because of a concert. Stars can't start on Wednesday because of a concert. What else do you want them to do, other than run both Western series on the same night?

Reactions: rea

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Tocchet said that coaches had a meeting with Colin Campbell and Campbell said they're going to be cracking down on embellishment. I'm not sure if he meant the meeting was just between Vancouver and Edmonton or all eight teams.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I would like to see Vancouver win the cup but unless Shilov puts on a Cam Ward run in his rookie year where he took over in relief for Martin Gerber or Demko returns, I don’t see him matching up well with who I think will be Florida coming out of the East.
I’m guessing Oiler fans are pretty angry that they don’t get to listen to Jack Michaels or Harnyararn Singh. No Lois Debrusk either. I’m sure Craig Simpson will do his bit to cheer the Oilers on. Cuthbert should be pretty professional. Once again John Shorthouse is criminally underrated.

Vancouver can win this series but they need to stay out of the box. They have a better D core than Edmonton are just as deep up the middle. Oilers do have better wingers though.

Canucks in 7.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
What's Demko's status as of now? Is he expected to return at all this series? Not starting it until Wednesday should definitely help him if he does indeed have a timetable to return.

Silovs did pick up the slack, but offensively Edmonton is a whole different beast from Nashville.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
What's Demko's status as of now? Is he expected to return at all this series? Not starting it until Wednesday should definitely help him if he does indeed have a timetable to return.

Silovs did pick up the slack, but offensively Edmonton is a whole different beast from Nashville.
Tocchet said Demko will miss the opener and is progressing. I'm gonna guess he'll be back for game 3

Reactions: HockeyWooot

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Tocchet said that coaches had a meeting with Colin Campbell and Campbell said they're going to be cracking down on embellishment. I'm not sure if he meant the meeting was just between Vancouver and Edmonton or all eight teams.
Damn, this is seriously bad news for EP and his usual antics.

Oh well, I’m looking forward to a well ref’d series!

• Love
Reactions: Senor Catface

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Starting on Wednesday is dumb.

This setup nicely for HNIC on Saturday night in Edmonton for game 3 if they played Tuesday instead.

Dallas is just coming off a 7 game series and plays Tuesday? Pretty silly scheduling.

The NHL does such a terrible job properly marketing itself and this is another example.
The American Airlines Center has a concert on Wednesday.

They don't have a choice but to start on Tuesday, pushing this series to Wednesday.

Avs will have also been waiting for 7 days by Tuesday.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I’m guessing Oiler fans are pretty angry that they don’t get to listen to Jack Michaels or Harnyararn Singh. No Lois Debrusk either. I’m sure Craig Simpson will do his bit to cheer the Oilers on. Cuthbert should be pretty professional. Once again John Shorthouse is criminally underrated.

Vancouver can win this series but they need to stay out of the box. They have a better D core than Edmonton are just as deep up the middle. Oilers do have better wingers though.

Canucks in 7.

I'm not sure anyone is too worried about who is calling the game. Most of the regional Sportsnet guys aren't particularly good and not someone you want on a national broadcast anyways. If we get Cuthbert i'll be happy.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I peeked in on the Oilers Around the League thread here and there for some giggles. It's not really a mystery, lmao.

I'm also not saying that this is 'all' Oilers fans, but that I'm noticing a lot of enmity that I hadn't really noticed in prior seasons. Both here and on Twitter (which, of course, is the best barometer for sensible discussion, heh.)

Why is it a stumbling block for multiple people in this thread to understand that no, it's not literally every single Oilers fan? Rowly got the same treatment.
Canucks are getting more animosity because they have gone from being a completely irrelevant bottom feeder, to a potential threat.

Its not really that complicated. I don't see what you are struggling to understand here?

Seems like this is not happening as much as you keep trying to suggest either. Canucks rarely come up in any Oilers related convos I read.

You are probably just hyper sensitive to it, because you stated yourself that you went to the Oilers forum to look for that.
Also,

I'm not the one who made this claim about a 'special system.'

Also sidenote, I think your avatar is gold.
Canucks fans claimed that players being instructed to shoot less by Tocchet as part of his system led to the increased shooting percentage of many of their players.

Of course it was all bull as the Canucks shooting % regressed to normal in the last half of the season.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
No Edm/Van on Saturday night?!?!?! Dafuq?
because stupid wrestling aew is in town for saturday thats why. so ridiclious. its not gonna be sold out im sure fans wont even attend it.

There's going to be a game where Vancouver runs Edmonton out of the building similar to the 8-1 laugher at the start of the year
or it could be the opposite where edmonton does it to vancouver? with mcdrai having 6-7pt game

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Well the press is 99% on the Oilers, which is fascinating.

I'm interested to see if the Oilers have wildly changed from the various times i've watched them this year.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Damn, this is seriously bad news for EP and his usual antics.

Oh well, I’m looking forward to a well ref’d series!

The problem with Petey isn’t that he dives, it’s that he’s bambi on ice. I’d be a hell of a lot more understanding of him if he was actually diving to draw something for us. He gets pushed off the puck quite easily and it’s something that I feel he should have addressed and worked on by now.

Reactions: Zanon

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Canucks in 7.
Nobody in Edmonton likes Michaels, Singh, or DeBrusk. Shorthouse is also terrible, so thank god Toronto lost.

The lack of quality broadcasters for hockey in Canada is embarrassing tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
One Canadian team gets picked as a top contender each year. Usually it’s the Leafs. This year the media picked the Oilers.
I mean objectively is anyone picking the Oilers over Colorado, Dallas, Florida, NYR, Carolina or Vegas.
Hey DK, outside your own echo chamber I think you'd be pretty alone in having this take.

This'll probably be a tough series for both teams, but one-sided stuff like this makes you look pretty insecure.

Btw, bookies aren't media. Their revenue streams are pretty different.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $245.00