Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
If McDavid and Drai were injured, while Petterson and Demko healthy, I would favour the Canucks.

But with Demko out and Petterson injured, the Oil are clearly the favourites.

Who cares, this season has already been a massive success for the Canucks, while if the Oilers choke out in the Conference finals it will be the most emberrassing dismantling of a team with a generational player.

Gretzky got them four Cups, Mario got the Pens a couple, same with Orr in Boston.

McDavid? Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada.

421aee6986e10a74dbc52aae7c3965ac.gif
Exactly.

It’s obvious the team with less injuries is going to be favoured by those who are making the odds.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Hughes they just said he was banged up, Pettersson there is a more in depth go in the “what’s wrong with Pettersson” thread

Hughes got hit a couple of times, but I've seen no suggestion anywhere except by you that he's injured. None.

There has been speculation about Pettersson but nothing concrete or credible.

Why don't we confine our speculation to what we know, and not what you guess.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
If McDavid and Drai were injured, while Petterson and Demko healthy, I would favour the Canucks.

But with Demko out and Petterson injured, the Oil are clearly the favourites.

Who cares, this season has already been a massive success for the Canucks, while if the Oilers choke out in the Conference finals it will be the most emberrassing dismantling of a team with a generational player.

Gretzky got them four Cups, Mario got the Pens a couple, same with Orr in Boston.

McDavid? Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada.

421aee6986e10a74dbc52aae7c3965ac.gif
Uh, you didn't hear?

Mcdavid and Draisaitl are actually both injured..

They each blocked a shot in round one, and are still feeling it.

Damn, I guess the Oilers are back to being the underdogs. What a shame

Reactions: capazzo

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nucks looked awful in the serie against wildcard Nashville, could easily have lost that serie.

I know some Nucks fans gets excited, but i think only some early major injuries on key players will stop Oilers.

Playoff experience and McDrai who levels up in playoffs will show the way.
And Oilers looked awful against the Canucks this year and finished below them in the standings. They also have the worst record of any playoff team against the top teams.
If you want to throw out the regular season then I think you can throw out the first round too.
As for playoff experience, the Oilers is not really very impressive. They’ve never gone on a deep run.
I know some Oiler fans are getting excited but I just don’t think they’re anywhere close to being a contender. Should be a good hard fought close series imo.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And Oilers looked awful against the Canucks this year and finished below them in the standings. They also have the worst record of any playoff team against the top teams.
If you want to throw out the regular season then I think you can throw out the first round too.
As for playoff experience, the Oilers is not really very impressive. They’ve never gone on a deep run.
I know some Oiler fans are getting excited but I just don’t think they’re anywhere close to being a contender. Should be a good hard fought close series imo.
Never gone on a deep run?

Whats considered a deep run to you, stanley cup finals?

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I hate to rain on your little parade, but the Oilers have the best odds to win the Cup on the heavy majority of betting sites..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shibumi

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm not my entire fanbase.
Absolute idiots on both sides. But I have to say - as for how fanbases are, yours is very antagonistic and cocky. Never seen such ridiculous posts. And that's after reading years of them from Oiler fans!
I’d say there’s plenty of ridiculous posts on both sides. I think the Oilers will be a tough opponent. Some of your fans act like you’re the Stanley Cup favourites.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Exactly.

It’s obvious the team with less injuries is going to be favoured by those who are making the odds.

I can't imagine any team, built around a Vezina nominated goalie, going into a series with their third string goalie, being favoured.

Winnipeg? Don't make me laugh.

Florida? Really? HFBoards is now saying the Canucks - projected to have been a bubble team if they avoided injuries - are as much a contender as the team that went to the Cup finals last year?

200w.gif

Reactions: Three On Zero

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Never gone on a deep run?

Whats considered a deep run to you, stanley cup finals?
More than 2 rounds. Canucks won 2 rounds and took Vegas to 7 games last time they were in the playoffs. I don’t consider that a deep run either.
Four playoff rounds in 3 years ain’t that impressive imo.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I can't imagine any team, built around a Vezina nominated goalie, going into a series with their third string goalie, being favoured.

Winnipeg? Don't make me laugh.

Florida? Really? HFBoards is now saying the Canucks - projected to have been a bubble team if they avoided injuries - are as much a contender as the team that went to the Cup finals last year?

200w.gif
Why are you guys acting as if Silovs isn't just as good, if not better, than Desmith?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I’d say there’s plenty of ridiculous posts on both sides. I think the Oilers will be a tough opponent. Some of your fans act like you’re the Stanley Cup favourites.

True
And they're idiots as well

I don't have any beefs with any fans. Got pissy the other day because I couldn't believe how Van fans seemed so arrogant when their team really has never won anything. At least beat us in the POs once before boasting

Anyway I just like stirring the pot basically!
Cheers

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No? All the ones I use they are the favorites, and all the other ones they are #2 that I have seen.

But I suppose it's only those delusional Oiler fans that believe they are contenders
One Canadian team gets picked as a top contender each year. Usually it’s the Leafs. This year the media picked the Oilers.
I mean objectively is anyone picking the Oilers over Colorado, Dallas, Florida, NYR, Carolina or Vegas.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No? All the ones I use they are the favorites, and all the other ones they are #2 that I have seen.

But I suppose it's only those delusional Oiler fans that believe they are contenders

Heavy to come out of the West, but not to win
IMG_1615.jpeg

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
This is just factually untrue. Making it to the Conference finals is a deep run, regardless of whether you're swept by the eventual Stanley Cup Champions or not.

So you can trivialize it all you want but you're wrong.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
According to the majority of Canucks fans in here, they certainly aren't underdogs.

Underdogs? UNDERDOGS?

The Vancouver Canucks have accomplished the most incredible feat of being the most winnable team in NHL history - in one season! They have overtaken the Montreal Canadiens as the most successful sports franchise ever.

...well at least that's how their fans come off here the way they talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad