Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

yeaher

May 3, 2019
As a neutral fan, i enjoyed the hell outta this game. A personal favourite in Zadorov looked great, even chipped in some offense and JT Miller was a pleasant surprise.

Dissappointed in McDavid but he'll come back in G2 im guessing.

Loved the physicality and the mutual lack of goaltending was a bit hilarious when the outcome didn't matter much.

I have always loved Zadorov since he was with the Avs, he looks like he has slightly improved his skating which seems have made him more reliable.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I have always loved Zadorov since he was with the Avs, he looks like he has slightly improved his skating which seems have made him more reliable.

He had a really nice goal in round 1 that was the result of his skating too

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

I think a lot of it is coaching. Tocchet and Foote have proven to somewhat be defense whisperers. They have somehow even turned Myers, who was largely a train wreck last season, into a passable top-four defenseman.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
I think a lot of it is coaching. Tocchet and Foote have proven to somewhat be defense whisperers. They have somehow even turned Myers, who was largely a train wreck last season, into a passable top-four defenseman.
I don't even recognize Myers. When did he get so mean? It does help is a contract year. I would resign him unless 3m a year. But there is no doubt he is playing very well.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I don't even recognize Myers. When did he get so mean? It does help is a contract year. I would resign him unless 3m a year. But there is no doubt he is playing very well.

Myers has already said he's willing to take less to stay, he doesn't want to move again and he probably knows that, in terms of systems, the Canucks are about as good as it gets for him.

He's also 34, if he wants some term I wouldn't exactly be sad to give him a 3 year deal if it's $2m per.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The game is a blowout if Skinner is mediocre. Make no mistake, he was the sole reason they lost.
It’s a blowout for Vancouver if Skinner didn’t stop numerous grade A chances. Edmonton played like an AHL team last night

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
It’s a blowout for Vancouver if Skinner didn’t stop numerous grade A chances. Edmonton played like an AHL team last night
It's odd Oilers fans are so confident they would have blown out the Canucks even with Skinner playing decent.

McDavid was completely neutralized and Drai was shook up and looked like an old timer after his back injury.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
It's odd Oilers fans are so confident they would have blown out the Canucks even with Skinner playing decent.

McDavid was completely neutralized and Drai was shook up and looked like an old timer after his back injury.
It would have been a 4-1 victory. If skinner played decent.
Edmonton should have the overwhelming advantage in nets if Demko is out. They didn’t last night and it cost them.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Skinner sounds extremely shaky, the Oilers still aren't giving the Canucks any credit.

If the Oilers really think last night was good enough, it'll be an extremely short series.

Skinner’s a bit mentally fragile like he showed last year in the playoffs. He can get on a roll and look great but the Canucks need to keep at him. Score early and his confidence will take a hit.

Reactions: MikeK

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Skinner’s a bit mentally fragile like he showed last year in the playoffs. He can get on a roll and look great but the Canucks need to keep at him. Score early and his confidence will take a hit.

He definitely rattles easy. He's a goalie though and those guys are a different breed. Some are cool as ice while others are borderline crazy. Just like when positional players are asked to step up and log higher minutes than they're cable of and we begin to see major gafs, I believe Skinner is being asked to carry too heavy a load. I don't think he's a #1 goalie and would be better for himself and a team if he were a backup.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Edmonton should have the overwhelming advantage in nets if Demko is out. They didn’t last night and it cost them.
Skinner played fine, the team in front of him left him out to dry. But yes it should have been a 4-1 victory for Vancouver

4 high danger chances and 7 shots on goal in the final 40 minutes? Edmonton was victimized last night

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

From the Vancouver Sun:​

‘Canuck dominance​

The Canucks may have been losing 4-1 in the second period, but they were badly unlucky.

Edmonton had just three high-danger shots through two periods.

They opened the game strongly, but as the game progressed the Canucks rediscovered their defensive strengths.

At five on five, they really didn’t give much away.

game 1 heat map
The Canucks got much better quality shots on Wednesday night than Edmonton. PHOTO BY NATURAL STAT TRICK

All three Oilers goals at even strength were scored from the outside, the kinds of shots that you need your goalie to stop.’

Reactions: MikeK

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

And if Silovs played decent and Cole didn't deflect two into his own net too, we aren't having this conversation.

Skinner shit the bed, but the Oilers lack of depth at FWD and D got exploited by the Canucks third line, the Canucks also dominated the Oilers at 5v5, close to 70% favoured in all the relevant stats. McDavid didn't have a single SOG and the Oilers went 20 minutes without shooting the puck.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
And if Silovs played decent and Cole didn't deflect two into his own net too, we aren't having this conversation.

Skinner shit the bed, but the Oilers lack of depth at FWD and D got exploited by the Canucks third line, the Canucks also dominated the Oilers at 5v5, close to 70% favoured in all the relevant stats. McDavid didn't have a single SOG and the Oilers went 20 minutes without shooting the puck.
Outside of Ekholm the entire D corps was a complete ghost

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I agree. However Edmonton somehow managed to luck its way into a 4-1 lead and skinner needs to be your best player at that point. Instead he was their absolute worst.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Being 5-0 on the season is probably a mental hurdle for Edmonton. Referees also coming out saying they are not going to be calling their dives is another

Reactions: JAK and gianni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad